North Shore Heating Up

• smitty1
    Duluth/Hermantown/Owatonna MN

McQuades landing is open, put four nice fish in the box yesterday in two hours. It’s only going to get better. Lot’s of shore fishermam, I saw a few stringers in the water.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

There should be plenty of water in the rivers now. I may run up and try the breakwater next week.

smitty1
    Duluth/Hermantown/Owatonna MN

Suprisingly not Tom, There wasn’t very much water comming out of the mouth of the Lester. The rock berm hasn’t even got a path through it. The French is the same.

BTW; major construction at the Lester River bridge, there is a Detour around it. Back roads will get you there though.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

What? Another delightful summer of Superior Street travel? They just fixed that bridge 2 years ago.

I don’t do the rivers Rich….too much shoulder to shoulder and then those idiots with waders that walk out and cut you off….better places to fish without dolts around.

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

any reports from the south shore at all from duluth down to cornicopia?

doof

I was out today trolling. Launched from little sand bay just north of red cliff. Trolled at various spots all the way down to the sioux and onion river. Never ventured towards corny. Didn’t catch a fish. Talked to a few other boaters that were out one guy had 3 cohos, another guy had 2 browns and 2 cohos so nothing really to get excited about! Water temps were anywhere from 36-38.5 degrees.

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

There are a few fish trickling into the rivers now but the water was still realy cold on Sunday. I had 34-36 degrees everywhere I checked. The whole of May should be decent.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.