IDO TV – Lake Superior Lake Trout

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

In-Depth Outdoors aired “Lake Superior Lake Trout” on Fox Sports North at 8 AM on Feb. 5, 2012. In case you missed that broadcast, we do offer all episodes here online and we now offer a Youtube version for those that are unable to view the FLASH versions on Iphones, Ipads, etc.

Video Details: Season 6 – Episode 8. Open Water. Lake Trout. James Holst & Grant Sorensen fish Lake Superior for big lake trout.

To watch Season 6 – Episode 8 “Lake Superior Lake Trout”, click on the video player above OR use this direct link >>>
    “Lake Superior Lake Trout”

Don’t forget to set those DVRs or tune in next Sunday at 8AM on FSN to catch the show!

Mocha
    Park Rapids

That was a great video! Were they fishing off the Minnesota up the N shore or Wisconsin side?

Thanks!

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

We were up the MN north shore

snowkid07
    Duluth,MN

Awesome video Grant! I hope to make it out there this summer looks like fun!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Nice fish Snowkid! Where did you catch it?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Grant,

What would you consider the best time period to fish lake trout?

Besides winter ice!

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Quote:

Besides winter ice!

Very good exception hahaha!! During the spring and fall, the lake trout are very shallow so that would have to be my favorite time of year to fish them. Catching big torut on boards with crankbaits is tough to beat (besides jiging of course).

Around the Duluth area in April, May and June, trolling for lake trout with boards will also yield browns, coho, kings and walleyes so that makes it a lot of fun.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Besides winter ice!

Very good exception hahaha!! During the spring and fall, the lake trout are very shallow so that would have to be my favorite time of year to fish them. Catching big torut on boards with crankbaits is tough to beat (besides jiging of course).

Around the Duluth area in April, May and June, trolling for lake trout with boards will also yield browns, coho, kings and walleyes so that makes it a lot of fun.

April huh…means I better get steppin’, lots to do and get before then.
    Now to figure out how to get 8 foot of boat under a 7 foot garage door…

Grant/anybody, do you use a bow mount trolling motor for anything on Superior?
    Be nice just to leave it home.

Al

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Quote:

Grant/anybody, do you use a bow mount trolling motor for anything on Superior?

Be nice just to leave it home.

I use mine to navigate the lily pads out there

Last August I made my first trip out there and decided to try some jigging. I used it then to slow my drift. I didn’t have any success jigging though.

You might be able to use it to slow your troll as well.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Thanks, probably be nice on them few dead calm days too.

Al

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

The bow mount is nice to use to steer with especially if it has auto pilot/I pilot as the your kicker will provide the power when you run them both simultaneously.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

The bow mount is nice to use to steer with especially if it has auto pilot/I pilot as the your kicker will provide the power when you run them both simultaneously.

Ok…I’ll leave it on..:)

Al

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.