Roach’s Mille Lacs Fishing Report

• maxxillo

Happy New Year’s everyone!

Just a quick report of what we have seen on the lake this past week.

Most resorts have roads to every structure right now. Just like last year….I think you could enter the lake on the east side…drive over to garrison and never leave a plowed road. With only a few inches of snow on the lake, we have seen alot of off road vehicle travel as well. There are still active cracks out there…so use caution if off roading.

Fishing Report:

The good news this week is we saw alot more perch caught each trip. Some really nice jumbos…and spitting up alot of bugs. We saw some decent sized christmas trees on our Marcums this week. Crappie minnow heads and Eurolarva worked the best with the perch.

We also found a decent amount of walleyes in the mornings and late afternoons. It seemed that the walleyes were on top/top edge in low light conditions…then just like last week, the fish would slide off the structure by mid-morning. Moving your holes to the bottom edge and even 10-20 yards off the structure will help put some fish on the ice. Perch, walleyes and Tullies are still hanging in the deep water.

Gold seemed to be the most consistent color this past week.

This is the time of year to try and move away from the crowds. Competing for the same aggressive fish with alot of other fisherman only makes it tougher.

I hope this helps! Good Luck this weekend…until next week…we hope to see you on the ice!

Scott

Roach’s Guide Service

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice fish.

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Great reports as always. 1st time trip coming up in a couple weeks, can’t wait!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Looks good Scott !!! Gettin’ up there this weekend

big G

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

Thank you for the post. I am on call this weekend but will be up next weekend

crossneyes
    central MN

can you get anywhere you want with a good pickup or do you need sleds? looking to come over in morning.
    thx
    Jim

big_g
    Isle, MN

Maybe too late with this… but you can get pretty much anywhere with a 4×4 & with a little weaving…of course it depends on heaves/cracks too

big G

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

we were up there the 5th through the 7th. We had tough fishing but yep, we had no problem getting anywhere we wanted to go…I don’t even have a 4X4, just a ford f-150 2 wheel drive. With very little snow it was easy to drive off road, just watch for headstones because they were plentiful…tough to see in the white out conditions we experienced on Friday.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.