Mille Lacs 10-15.

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

We fished the North West Friday night. Caught 8 with 27.5″ being the biggest. The wind up there was a little challenging that night.

Saturday night was a lot better. Had 8 in the boat pretty early. We then went checking on other spots for about 3 hrs with out much luck. Came back to where we started and the fish where still there but had a hard time getting them to stick. Had one trolling pass with 10 missed fish in a row. About the time the moon started heading down the fish turned on. Ended the night with 15 and twice that many missed.

If you are still looking to get out on a launch trip there is still time. Myr Mars launch has had some fantastic fishing this last week. They have even had a few nights of limiting out and heading in early. Friday night was slow for them with only 15 keepers. Saturday night had 45 keepers.

Coming in to their Harbor at night look for the schools of perch. I have seen them think but never remember them like this. We dipped our landing net into them and would easily fill it half full before they slipped threw the netting. Frank was grabbing them out of the water by the hand full.

Conditions seem to be shaping up pretty nice on the lake. Water temps where mid 50s and like stated above the minnows are in on the shorelines. Looks like I will be back up mid to the late part of the week for another go of night trolling on the big lake.

Ill try to get some pictures up tomorrow as the camera cord is in the office.

fish4eyes

Nice report Mike. What kind of speed were they looking for and what was the hot bait? Going to be up there next week Friday and Saturday night. I can’t wait looks like it shaping up and at just the right time with the full moon next weekend. Thanks for the post.
    I’m chomping at the bit, going to be a long week.

WISHIN I WAS FISHIN

jakeh
    White Bear Twp

It was good seeing ya out there Mike.
    My dad and I ended our night with our 8 box fish and about as many 22″-26.5″ fish. We got three bonus pike, one that was the biggest pike I have ever seen, but did not want to get into the walleye net. I would guess it went 40″+ We pulled HJ’s and the old thundersticks at about 1.5-2 mph. One of the mid 20″ eyes still had a large tulibee tail hanging out its throat. Most the fish we caught are crazy fat! Here are a couple of pics from last night.
    Looking forward to getting back up to the red door this week!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Havent seen you in forever Jake and hear we run into each other in the middle of the night on Mille Lacs. It was a good night for fishing with family. My son Jonathan was sleeping in the front of the boat by the time I ran into you guys. His buddy Fred was falling asleep trying to hold onto the fishing pole only to be woken up every time a fish hit.

We had a heck of a time getting those hooks to stick for a while. About the time the moon was getting low we switched back over to red and it was game on. Would of liked to had stayed out longer but didnt want to over do it with the boys to much. Its tough leaving biting fish.

Colors for us where clown when it was bright out. Red the rest of the time.

crossneyes
    central MN

thanks for the report, been eagerly awaiting the october full moon! Just can’t decide where to go. Was on Miltona Sunday morning with limited luck. Hopefully the weather stays clear for later in the week!

Jim Chyba

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.