Fall Bite Predictions

• dcutler
    Prescott, WI

The last 2 Fall seasons have been a tough bite for my boat at least on Mille Lacs. Last year we had a sudden cold snap that dropped water temps 10-12 degrees in a hurry and messed things up. Have read allot of good fishing reports though for this summer on IDO and other sites. What are everyone’s predictions for this Fall on The Pond?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I think its going to be a very solid bite when water temps drop down a bit, it was a phenomenal spring-Mid summer bite and still is better than last years bite at the moment. For the last 3 years I have been dong better and better each year. This will be my first working ML in the fall however. I am shifting away from hunting and doing more fishing. The 20″ slot till Dec adds to my high hopes. -Mark

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

The past few seasons on Mille Lacs have been good, adjusting to where the fish are has resulted in a good day bite vs the traditional evening/dark fall trolling. While most of the fishing was still trolling cranks, sliding out into a little bit deeper water where the fish are staging resulted in great days last October/November. I thik this fall will be very fun as the lake is in prime form right now. I expect it also to be a great fall for jumbo perch as well.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I know we are coming into the full moon rite now. Guess that means the next three full moons will be towards the end of the months. What date is the October moon supposed to be?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Friday, October 22nd.

-J.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

getting the date lined up for the crew to get together, we were thinking the jumbo perch might be getting going a bit early and the numbers should be on the low end, as compared with 3-4 years ago. I know there are a ton of small perch going through the system right now. I guess we might just have to bobber up on some shallow rocks and try to hit the walleye a few times.

deertracker

The October full moon just happens to land on my days off. Of course that is also the weekend my sister in-law gets married. We will be going the week before. When does everyone like to fish the full moons?
    DT

lancew

Could go either way. It’s starting to slow down quite a bit on the lake, but hopefully it’s just the summer doldrumms setting in….

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Slowed down? My boat landed 60+ fish in 3 days (Fri-Sat-Sun last week). Fish ranged from 10″ up to 27 3/4″, 18″ to 20″ fish were a little tough to find for me but the fishing was outstanding.

Adam

KellyW

The past 3 falls have been tough, with most fisherman catching less than one fish per hour, according to the DNR. I think the bite this fall may be better (can it get worse?), but keepers will be tough to find. I have been alternating between Leech, Winni and ML this year, and Leech and Winni are still FAR outproducing ML. I have also heard the tribe will be setting out tulibee gill nets potentially early this year, so be VERY CAREFUL to not run your boat into these nets. It can be extremely dangerous at night. Good Fishing!

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

I would agree last fall was tough up until ealry Nov. It was not a typical fall because it took water temps so long to come down and then they dropped super fast.
    The two falls before that were outstanding. I don’t care if I catch keepers so that may be a difference for my boat. However, the big fish coming to the boat from the night trolling was unreal over those seasons.
    With a normal weather pattern and a gradual drop in water temp. – it will be game on, as always.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.