Permanet Trailer Parks Around the lake?

• wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I have been looking at lots and such in Sherwood forest by Garrison. I would prefer to be on the east side of the lake, are there permanent trailer spots anywhere?

Thanks,
    Wade

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Are you talking about Park Models or regular Camper Trailers?

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Looking at both put leaning more towards camper

Thanks

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

East side:

Fishers.

Wilderness.

Agate Bay.

Hunters Point.

Fishermens Wharf.

All have full hook ups. Water/Electric/Sewer. The way it generally works is there is a season charge and a winter storage charge. Some wrap the electric in the cost, some are metered. Most people just park it call it good. I was at the Wharf for 10+ years and am at Wilderness now season number 3. A park model lot will be a double (2 lots) and cost 2X. Most park models are at places like and Breakers on the east side Mille Lacs Island on the south side. Those are set up where you buy the lot and pay a annual lot fee that covers water/sewer and (sometimes) lot maint like mowing.

Depending how you look at it, good or bad. Hunters and The Wharf have a bar and restaurant. Places like Fishers and Wilderness don’t have any. I like the later. Less traffic and riggermaroo going on. Nice and quiet.

If you are looking for a camper, good time to drive thru these resorts and look for “for sale” signs. There are a lot of good deals out there right now.

-J.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Is wilderness on the south or easy side? I thought they were on the south side

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

If you have kids I would suggest looking at Petes Retreat even if you do not its a much nicer place then most of the others on the lake and you do not get the bugs that come with being right on the water. Lots are big, pools and excellent service. They are in Malmo, N.E. corner, I can have the boat in the water and fishing within 10 minutes and the rest of the family is happy which is the main thing because they are kept busy with all the fun things to do!

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Does Pete’s have a website

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Is wilderness on the south or easy side? I thought they were on the south side

Wilderness is on the east side. Two miles south of Malmo.

-J.

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

Thanks for posting Jon, check them out you will be impressed!

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Thanks guys definitly a lot of options out there

petty
    United States

I will second Petes Retreat, this is our 4th year there, top notch for the family!!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Pete’s is nice, just seems that the owners have two sets of rules, one for those they know and another set for the people who come through and try the place out for a week, I’ll never go back. Malmo’s access is pretty shallow at times. As JJ said, drive through the parks, and I would put Doc’s Harbor on your list, this might be a waiting list, but they have a great harbor.

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

If you are looking for a quality resort experience with a great family atmosphere I would say either Fisher’s or Wilderness are as nice as you’ll find on the East Side.

If your kids don’t like swimming in Mille Lacs one difference at Pete’s is that there is a swimming pool. However, as Chomps pointed out, the Malmo public access sucks… I’m not sure what a seasonal site costs at Pete’s but as you are comparing prices I would tack on an extra $125-150 to get a seasonal ramp pass to either Castaways or Fishers which are just as close as the access but have enclosed harbors with a channel out to deeper water.

Jason_N
    St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA

My family and I are also looking for the same thing. My wife is in love with Pete’s, but not sure I can affort a new camper. According to their contract, no camper or trailer can be older than 10 years old. So, if I have a ’03 camper I would have to get a newer one in 3 years…not sure I like that idea. Plus actually being on the water sounds a lot better to me…

Jason_N
    St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA

I stand corrected, the rule on the camper age at Pete’s is just when it’s first brought in, after that as long as its kept up, it gets “grandfathered” in. Sorry for my mis-information.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.