Tullipee??

• Jason_N
    St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA

Just wondering if anyone has any recent reports…(or tips) on any tullipee action? Thanks.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

was sent a report from Rocky Reef Resort last week, sure sounded like they were snap’n over there. You can do soem looking with google to find the site, then Rockmans report.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I fished Mille Lacs sunday morning…I did see a bunch of tulipee’s on the flasher suspended way up in the water column…didn’t bother i was after perch on the bottom. should have tried for the tulipee might have actually caught a fish that made my rod bend….man that lake is full of 5-6″ perch….Just full. I also did catch 2 spot tail shiners. No wonder why walleyes don’t eat many spoons…

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Should find most Tullibee deep edge off most mud flats. Havent been able to get too many 16″ lately but 8″ are there. -Mark

tonyscully
    Hastings, MN

Mille Lacs Seguchie flat 27-29 feet of water for the afternoon bite near the break line ,was fishing for perch,couldn’t keep the tullipee off my line.

tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

Went out of hunters in 28 feet of water they were coming thru 6-10 feet off the bottom. We caught 20 from 11am to 4pm, some were on the small size but we did get some brusers too.

DMan
    Long Lake IL.

Is this the same as a Whitefish??

muskychaser
    Prescott, Wi

Go out of Lybacks to the tullibee hole it is marked with a Christmas tree Eddy knows where they are at

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Is this the same as a Whitefish??

Similar but not the same. Kind of like Bluegills and pumpkinseeds. Tullibee aka Cisco don’t get to be as large as whitefish. There are also multiple species of both whitefish and Cisco!

fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

i second seguchieflat, ive been fishing there for the last few weeks, been going out from 9 or 10 in the morning and leaving around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. i have not cought less then 50 each day, twice i went out and got 162 and 145 thosewere my best days. and no problem getting the limit of real nice big ones..

roscoe
    So St Paul

Umm, not to be overly critical here , but i do believe they are called TULLIBEE, but i guess tullipee is funnier

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.