Liberty Beach Perch Extravaganza

• hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

The date for the perch tourney is Saturday Feb. 21
    Who’s all going to fish it?

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Me……

Talking about the Perch Extravaganza next month already just shows just how fast this ice fishing season goes by……..now if we could only get some snow…….it would look like winter maybe? It might be a very low water level spring wiithout the needed snow melt.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

I will be on the ice with the brewcrew.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I want to be part of the Brew Crew !!

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Feb. 21
    We meet on the north side of the drawing. We usually have about 30 people in our group. Some years they have over 3000 entrants in the contest.
    The more the merrier.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

MMMM MMMMM MMMM:)

The Brew Crew…That just sounds good !!

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

It’s quite a group.
    Some years it’s been so cold you had to sit your beer on the grill to keep it from freezing.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Or you can just crack the can, take a couple swigs and add somthing with a little more octane to keeper from freezing.
    That works too! Cmon up Koonce.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I will be there for sure this year. Maybe I can be sober cab?

wallguy
    bloomington mn. covebay millelacs

tHIS IS MY FIRST POST i WILL BE THERE GLAD TO BE ONBOARD HAVE LEARNED ALOT FROM THIS FORUM

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

hey covebayguy

Good to have ya’ around and glad you found our little corner of the world.

Bob Carlson

Welcome to IDA! Its great to have another Mille Lacs guy around……..you can give us some southend information!

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Welcome!
    Look forward to your input.

Bob Carlson

TTT

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I think I may come and partake in the Festivities. I’ll see if that guy Tuckner will go. Anybody heard from him at all? I think he got lost?????

Bob Carlson

Bump………

scottsteil
    Central MN

Just for the record, I don’t know where the Jumbo’s are biting over on the East side. I have had 2 calls each night the last two nights from people wondering where the perch are biting near Liberty Beach

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I have been out of town for three weeks. But I AM going to be at the Perch Tournament. Deb is coming, as is her brother Scott, and her son Adam & Girlfriend. We are invading the Hukreide villa for the weekend. I am going to stock up in the Duty Free here in Toronto before I go home!
    Tuck

Bob Carlson

We had a great day Yesterday! Sunshine and warm temps really brought out the fisherman! I think it might have been their largest contest so far. As far as the fishing for our group…….we only managed a few small perch and some dandy tulibees. I had hoped to win the four wheeler, but that did’nt happen either! Oh well I guess the brew crew will have to wait till next year again.

Here is a picture from the crowd at the drawings!!!!!! None stop prize drawings for almost one and half hours!!!

The winning perch was 1.43lb on down to tenth place at 1.23lb’s……..

Bob Carlson

Here is another!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the pictures! I have to assume from the looks of things all of those people are on the ice. Great Crowd. I see there is a helecopter in the first picture, that’s neat!

Quote:

Oh well I guess the brew crew will have to wait till next year again.

Yep, there is always next year!

J.

Bob Carlson

Yes Jon, The crowd gathers just out front of the resort on the ice. If you have never been at one of their events you are missing out on the event of the winter! People are saying that they had around 3,000+ in attendance this year. Great weather…and lots of people!
    They had a helicoper giving rides…..

fritzzz
    hudson

it was my first time fishing the extravaganza,it was quite the turn out. the weather was awesome, no wind!!! we werent able to get to the mud flat that i’d hoped to get too, so we fished out from hunters point and set up just off the plowed road. we imediately were on to fish. my partner hooked and released a 24 ” walleye before i even had my lines down. then we got into some real jumbos. i ended up catching the 3rd place fish. 1.37#s. it was a football!!!! cant wait to use the vista cam i won next weekend to ice a bunch more perch!!!! awesome contest, i’ll be back next year
    fritzzzz

Bob Carlson

Great to hear about the 3rd.place finish!
    Our group was fishing out of Hunters Point also…….near their green rental houses.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.