Ice Out Date????

• fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

well guys it happens every year, there is always a poll to see the date of official ice out. whats everyones predictions. i will say april 24th givin the weather stays nice out. its pretty darn black and opening up in quite a few places along the shorline. what you guys think?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

4/28

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

4/27/2009

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

5/3

jldii

5-11

Ice on the pond for opener this year. All you guys are just going to have to go somewhere else. There just won’t be room for anybody besides those of us fishing the Big “D” opening weekend!

big_g
    Isle, MN

5/1….. looks pretty black and she is starting the shift Driving up friday night it was 71′ by Fiddlestixs, 5 miles north along the lake it was 64′. Pretty big piece of ice sittin’ there yet

big G

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

looks like it happened!

Red Door 1
    North Shore Mille Lacs in Wealthwood

About 90 percent of the lake is still ice. The past couple days, north winds have opened up areas as wide as 2-3 miles from shore in the NE corner and about 1/4 to 1/2 mile out from shore between Wealthwood and Garrison. The wind switched late morning today and the big ice sheet is creeping toward the north shore now. Another big wind switch to the north over the weekend might take it all out by early next week–or sooner.

fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

Thats what im talking about ice out date is the 24th of april. i predicted that a month and a half ago, best guess i have ever made. woo hoo now bring on may 9th

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

well guys it happens every year, there is always a poll to see the date of official ice out. whats everyones predictions. i will say april 24th givin the weather stays nice out. its pretty darn black and opening up in quite a few places along the shorline. what you guys think?

Wasn’t this thread started 16 days ago ??? I wish my date of May 1st would have been closer…. seen alot of “boats” out netting this weekend

big G

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Glen, did you swing by any of the landings and see how it was going? I gotta believe they’re just punishing the walleyes …..

big_g
    Isle, MN

I didn’t pull in… afraid what might have happened… Did see them throw a net, right at the edge of Hunters Points rock break, about 5pm last night They pulled it about 7:30 this morning, don’t think they caught anything in that one Somebody did say at the resort this morning, they seen a couple guys, with a pick-up box full of walleyes at the Cedar Creek landing… Made me sick just driving by the landings, seeing all the campers….

big G

newt
    Pillager, MN

They were setup at the Garrison public landing on Sunday. Pretty nasty wind on that side of the lake.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

The little canoes I saw at the Pike Point landing certainly weren’t getting on the lake with that strong northeast/east wind. Curious how they got their nets checked within 24 hours. Although I did see a MN DNR vehicle in the parking lot, so hopefully they were enforcing the laws.

wheres_waldo
    The Big Pond

Quote:

Although I did see a MN DNR vehicle in the parking lot, so hopefully they were enforcing the laws.

I too, saw a DNR pick-up at the Liberty Beach public access on Saturday night. There were a couple of “fisherman” standing outside the cab and everyone was laughing and carrying on. Didn’t look like a whole lot of work was being done by anyone. Also, there was a big blue and white tent set up at the Cedar Creek Access. There were big lights and lots of vehicles all over. I wanted to drive in and check it out but my wife talked me out of it. Smart women (don’t tell her I said that).

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.