Lake Update

• scottsteil
    Central MN

Adam was out today looking for new pike spots to fish. He picked up a few nice Pike and a few jumbo perch. From the West side of the lake there is ice as far as you can see with most of the ice still about 4-5 inches.
    In the South bays most of the ice is 7-8 inches and you are starting to see some houses out. Adam has guide trips the next couple days so look for an updated report tomorrow.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

It would appear the hard water season has arrived!!! Next on the agenda………….Stringer pics!!! Just kidding Scott………just kidding!

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I heard that Fishers Resort has 9-10 inches out front

today at lunch. Wow……I have not seen anyone out front of my home off Picard point. I know that last weekend we had a number of areas that had been moving around with the wind. These areas I know may not have frooze up much this week with the mild temps we have had during the day. The nights have been below freezing alittle…….

I’m in the MPLS this wkend and will not get out till later next week.

Thats the report for now!

IceNut
    Mankato

I heard the whole lake is froze over.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I wouldn’t plan on 9-10 inches anywhere on the main lake yet, unless you are measuring through ice that is “stacked up”. The South bays have very good ice, but there are still some thin spots. Looks like we have better ice making weather coming.

Adam tried to make it out to some of our early season spots on Friday, but it got a little thin to say the least

We’ll be back out again this week.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I am attaching some pictures of the lake from Thursday. Adam made it out a little farther yesterday and picked up a few walleye. No keepers but the action wasn’t to bad while it lasted. The ice got pretty beat up but the areas that didn’t get hit by the wind should be in pretty good shape for the weekend. This is looking out at Indian Point.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Cove Bay, with a few people fishing Perch.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.