Mille lacs report

• wallster
    Austin, MN

Hit the lake this weekend with the wife and a friend of ours. Got to the house late friday night drilled the holes open and set the rattle reels. Noone home friday night. Sat morning we got up befor sunrise and jumped on the wheeler with the portables in tow. We headed out from the house to a flat that had noone on it. Set one house up on the top side and other on the deep side. We managed to pick up 4 eyes and one jumbo. We got all the eyes on the top side of the flat. 18″-14″ eyes. jumbo went 13″. Perch colored lindy rattle spoons did the trick for us. One thing we noticed that triggered the bite was to “POUND” the mud with the spoon multiple times, then raise the spoon up 2 feet off the bottom and bounce it aggresively. If the fish wanted it, they came up and nailed it right now. We headed back in around noon for lunch.
    In the afternoon we hit another flat that looked like it haden’t had much activity. We drilled a bunch of hole on the top side and bottom sides of the flat and set up the portable on the top side just in time for the WIND to pick up and almost blow the house away. Man someone sure turned on the switch for the wind. We then decided to fold up the house and just hole hop as it was plenty warm out. We were finding most of our fish on the top of this flat so we drilled some more hole on the top side and jumped holes looking for active fish. Ended up catching 8 eyes ranging from 18″- 12″. Great to see alot of 12-13″ fish. Again these fish wanted the spoon to be pounding the mud. As it got closer to getting dark we were getting the fish on glow red color spoons.
    Sunday morning we headed back to the same flat we were at sat. evening as we had marked alot of fish there. Yet again these fish had even tighter lips, as we only got one 14″ eye. We then decided to head back towards the shack and hit one more small flat. Drilled a few holes on the top side and found only one more 17″ eye. About a half hour on this flat and only marking the one fish we caught, we decided to head back and pack up and head for home.
    All in all it wasnt too bad of a weekend of fishing. Nice weather and some fish willing to keep us interested.We did notice that on the deep side of the flat we could get schools of perch to come in and look but just not hit. I dont know if they were the small ones or just stuborn jumbos. We were looking at getting into some bigger fish but thats fishing.
    Wallster ><((((>

NickJohnson

nice fish gotta add mille lacs to my list of places to fish

big_g
    Isle, MN

You did better than I did last weekend It was beautiful on the ice saturday morning though

big G

billybob68
    Austin, MN

nice report willie sounds like fun!

livetofishmn
    Mankato, Mn

Nice report! Thats a massive perch

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Nice report Willie….let me know about pool 4 this weekend! Give me a shout

wing_nutt3

You know how i love pics willard….well done

wallster
    Austin, MN

Wing_nut, its too bad you werent there to join us. Hitting the good old river this weekend.
    Wallster ><((((>

wing_nutt3

yeah well your boat will be alot lighter without all my beer cans, not to mention cigar smoke in your face. I always knew you would miss it! Good Luck.

wallster
    Austin, MN

I think the thing I miss more than the beer cans, and cigar smoke is a good net man.
    Wallster ><((((>

scare
    austin, mn

yeah theres nothing I like more then a good net man also, but a partner who could catch one keeper to help win a fishing tourny would be better.

wallster
    Austin, MN

Speaking of net man, Scare, you want to join me saturday or sunday on the river.
    Wallster ><((((>

wing_nutt3

oh you guys. The last time i fished with both of you on the river i think i outfished you both in minutes!!

Tim

wallster
    Austin, MN

Quote:

oh you guys. The last time i fished with both of you on the river i think i outfished you both in minutes!!

Tim

Yeah right I think the few fish you did catch, you didnt even need a net man. That Cali crapp is getting to your head. You better come back home for a reality check.
    Wallster ><((((>

scare
    austin, mn

cant go either day, prior commitments with hockey have me tied up, and if wing nutt thinks he out fished us he needs to know catching the bottom of the river doesnt meen you get the fish hanging around your hook.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.