Fishing Report SE Rocks/Weeds

• seifjr

Fished the Isle area on Friday night from 9:30 p.m. – 1:00 a.m. Water temp was at or near 65 degrees while we were on the water. Pulled several different colored SR-5 & 7 Shad Raps. Purpledecent and Crawfish produced all of our fish. We targeted water ranging from 12′ down to 4’….Rocks and weeds. We caught 5 fish total with 4 keepers and one throw back at 19′. The keepers were real nice eaters in the 16-17.5 range. We didn’t pick up our first fish until after 10:30 p.m. and we caught our last fish at 12:30 a.m.. 3 of the fish were locating to a weed/rock transition area in 6-8FOW, and the other two came out of 6FOW on a nice transition from 20+FOW. Nothing big, but it was nice to just get out and start the fall trolling season. What a beautiful night…light winds…nearfull moon shining bright and temps in the high 50’s. It should only get better. One interesting thing I observed that I couldn’t act on since we only brought out our shallow running bait boxes, but there were fished stacked up in the 15-18 FOW range most of the evening. If your heading out tonight look for that same pattern and try some deeper running baits. I noticed these fish on the south break of Grassy on the long breakline that runs east to west.

Seifjr

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.