Any Results From This Past Weekend?

• eyeshaveit
    Prescott, WI

Did anyone try some night-time crankbait trolling on Mille Lacs this past weekend? If you did, how did you do? Getting anxious already for the November full moon bite.

Garrison
    Owatonna, MN

I made it to the lake Saturday night for a short time with my father. It was odd to be out in the dark fishing in the snow, but the fish made it well worth the trip. Nothing over 26″, but they sure were fat.
    The ticket was husky jerks fished in 10 feet of water on a steep sand break with sparse vegetation along the shallow edge. Trolling speeds were 1.3 – 1.5 mph. The fish seemed to like the bait best when it was pumped a foot or two. Too big a sweep of the rod and they didn’t like it. Do nothing with it and they also didn’t want it.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I’m thinking of trying it Sat. night. Any tip’s ? I’m thinking of starting by Bob Carlsons house near the rocks. Any other suggestions? Red Door? West Side? Any tips would be great! Thanks

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Chappy,

I did not make it up there this past weekend, but have a couple trips booked for this coming weekend. I have heard two good recent reports coming from the SE corner on shallow rock reefs pulling #5 wally divers and raps. Best depths were 7-10 foot.

I plan to be up there tonight to scope out some new areas.
    for the weekend trips.
    Any one have a recent water temp reading?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Thank’s DZ!

scook

Last Friday night Indian point was dead for me, on the reef and on the weed line in the bay. I did not see a fish caught but there were a few boats out. The radio traffic showed the bite was tough. Saturday night was the same but I bailed early due to the miserable weather. I am looking forward to some November moon.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Sorry, I have my boat in the garage and have been very busy with work issues. Fall is here and winter coming soon……oh yes can’t forget about deer hunting.
    I have’nt heard any fishing reports for some time. On the eastside here I have not seen a boat out any of the nights this last week. I’ll post if I here something too share.

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

I was out Sunday, The water temps where around 42-48, depending on were you where.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.