Good times

• Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

Although we still did not find high numbers concentrated in one area of the shallows, we did okay. We managed 9 fish between 22 – 27.5 inches. You could not ask for a calmer night to be out there. The company was good, the beer was cold, and the fishing was okay. We managed two just over 27 and a 37 inch bonus pike. Fish came on #9 bent lip shads and #12 HJerks. We found the best speed to be about 1.2-1.4 mph.
    Looking forward to the full moon!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I fished with fellow staff member Andy Craig and his dad on Saturday night and we managed to find great numbers of fish. 33 fish total for the evening, trolled from dark til 1230 am…. Biggest fish was at 27″ and we did also manage a few smaller fish just above the 16″ mark. The fish are putting on the feed bag big time….Bulking up for winter. Had one walleye that coughed up 4 little perch about 2″ long. It was a perfect evening til the wind kicked up, kind of rough at some times. Slow trolling was the key… 1.1-1.4 mph. Color tonight didn’t matter.

I am sure Andy will be posting pictures as he is up at Rainy River this week.

If anyone wants to go sometime this week……..pm me….Monday night is the only night I am busy…..

Happy Birthday Wabasha….

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Yeah the fishing was picking up. My Dad and I got 24 fat eyes up to 27″ Friday night fishing until 2am on the west side. Started on the north side but couldn’t really find them but changed areas and the fish were starting to concentrate. It was a beautiful night and awesome not fighting the winds like the last couple weeks. It is simply amazing how these fat fall eyes can find and crush the lure in the pitch black of the night with it being a new moon. The best is yet to come. We are so fortunate to have the great fishery this close, i love it!! Lazer Craw Super rogues and Craw shallow shad raps produced the most fish with Glass Perch getting a couple too. 1.5-1.8 worked best for us for speed

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Good to hear you guys had good fishing this weekend. It had to start some time. I stayed away form Mille lacs this weekend but its going to be hard to keep me away after hearing these reports. Any good photos guys?

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

We fished the north as well – I will be headed West on Thursday. I do have a few pics, but do not know how to post them. I take them with my digital and I don’t know how to shrink the size.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

I do have a few pics, but do not know how to post them. I take them with my digital and I don’t know how to shrink the size.

The site here will re-size the pictures for you. Just load them up and the will automatically shrink to the correct size.

EDIT!

CLICK HERE for instructions to add pictures

-J.

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

Pictures added! (If it works)

I can finally post without having others do all the work for me. Thanks

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Nice hogs!! Good job.

The new photo system will re-size your pix, but it won’t rotate them! Glad you got it figured out. Shoot me a PM if you need help rotating a pick on your computer. Real easy, even a caveman can do it.

-J.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

nice fish wabasha24

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Nice pic’s Wabasha! I’m still trying to figure out how to get a decent night photo taken. It always seems like a headlight is shining back on the camera, etc.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Nice Fish Wabby!

It looks like I will be up on Thursday and maybe Friday!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice fish. Those look like decent photos too. One way to get a better photo in the dark is to stand back a little and then crop the photo later. Trying to some in on someone in the dark can be tricky and end up with parts of people or fish not in the photo. There are some guys that have a red light on there camera that seems to make taking photos easier also.

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

Rob,
    My buddy and I will be up Thurs, Friday, Sat. Looks like the weather could be a bit rough. IF you see an 1850 sportfish black and tan, come and say hi.
    Chris Good luck

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

We’ll be up Friday & Saturday nights pulling all nighters. We’ll be in Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk with Merc Optimax and blue Gamehide typhoon jacket, if you see us shout and say hi. Going to go up tomorrow night and see where the fish are in relation to the last couple weeks and hopefully continue some good action lately. I’ll be interesting to see how many more weeds have died in the last couple days but soon the only green weeds are going to be standing and when they are found can be dynomite.

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

Keep us posted on how you do tomorrow.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Looks like I will be up Thursday night also. Ill be staying at Fishers over the weekend. Where are you guys staying at. Might have to do a late breakfast or lunch get together to compare notes one day.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Quote:

We’ll be up Friday & Saturday nights pulling all nighters. We’ll be in Crestliner 1850 Fishhawk with Merc Optimax and blue Gamehide typhoon jacket, if you see us shout and say hi. Going to go up tomorrow night and see where the fish are in relation to the last couple weeks and hopefully continue some good action lately. I’ll be interesting to see how many more weeds have died in the last couple days but soon the only green weeds are going to be standing and when they are found can be dynomite.

See you this weekend Tim Nice fish guys, hope to land my first Mille Lac walleye this weekend.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Sounds good Guys. Man this weather stinks. I will see you guys out there.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Kraig, You got it! It will be a good time. Weather forecast for Saturday looks great with a few showers on Sunday. See you Saturday.

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

Don’t forget the rain gear – See u on the water or at the blue goose for some long necks if the weather gets too rough. We’ll be on that side at least one of the 3 nights.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

We made it out last night from dark until 12:30. Worked 6′-8′ of water the best we could with the wind, water temp was 50-51 degrees. Gold Orange HJ12’s seemed to be the ticket with Lazer Craw Rogues boating a few fish also. All told we ended with 12 and they were fat so they definitely were feeding. Action was slow to start but once the spots were found they produced multiple fish. With the wind maintaining 1.5 mph seemed to be the best speed but it also was hard to get under with the waves pushing. One fish engulfed a HJ12 so hard only an inch or so of the lure was showing outside her mouth. Tough conditions but a good time nonetheless. I’m anxious for the moon to show itself which should help with increasing the bite.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Hunters Cam sure looks nice.

rms
    Fridley

Looks like there’s a herd of sheep out on the lake.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

We work those same depths friday night. First couple of areas we fished the fish where there but we had to work for them. Needed to be really pay attention to depths and the pattern you where working to get the fish to go. Third area we fished we fell right in on a good bite. Worked this area from 6 to 10 for a couple of hours and it pushed our numbers up over 30 fish for night. Last fish of the night was a nice 28″r that inhailed the LC rouge. What a good way to end the night.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Great night! Thanks for the report. Did you pull an all nighter? Just curious if the late night/mid morning bite is on?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.