Current Ramp Conditions.

• fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

I know two boats that did some damage in that area

Was one a big Skeeter? Those guys looked to be having fun

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Francis, do you have a Alumnacraft Tiller??? I think I saw you on Friday and Saturday nights??????

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

There were 3 boats heading into the red door Friday night around midnight.

From the radio banter, they were a little nervous heading in with the strong south wind.

It looks like they made it in ok.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

Francis, do you have a Alumnacraft Tiller???

Yep, fought the waves on Friday and fished calm water on Saturday.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Kraig, Yeah I heard a few guys that did not make it out because of the waves and shallow water and another guy that took the wrong path in. When we got off around 1:30am it did not look fun but made it with ease if you use some common sense.

Fish, I will say next time. I thought you were Westman at first to find out later Mike told me that was you.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

….and another guy that took the wrong path in.

Mike and I saw that. The guy came off plane to the east of the dredge in knee deep water with winds gusting to shore. Not pretty!

Just a no brainer tip for everyone. Drop some GPS icons on the way out and follow them closely going back in. (Goes for any ramp right now) The Red Door had the channel staked out when we left, but those stakes were washed away by 1:30am!

-J.

fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

Is the public launch at Garrison, south of Mcdonalds, usable?

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

The access by Liberty beach was open today.Not sure how deep the water is but there were trailers in the lot.Also landed at the Red Door last night.It is dredged out but pretty narrow so it is a little tricky when the wind is blowing.

mojo

I went in/out of Red Door last night (Monday) with a very stiff SSE wind blowing right into the harbor, the flag markers were in place for about 150 feet out from the harbor at midnight when we came off. Never saw a reading less than 1.9 feet even with those waves, and that was just at the harbor mouth. I wouldn’t hesitate to launch there again – I am just not going to plan to fish the winded side of the lake again without seeing the conditions first – the forecast called for 5mph winds, it was at least 15, and the waves were 2 to 3 feet with an occasional 4 footer just to keep you wet
    Boat control was tough, made it really difficult to hit the “spot on the spot”. My brother and I fished about 4 hours, boated 4 walleyes and a bonus smallie, largest eye was 24 inches, and all but one of the eyes came on black or purple RR’s, other one was a 13 incher that hit a clown #12 HJ during that short period when the moon was showing around 11pm. Can’t say it was a bad night, but it’s frustrating to not be able to put the boat on top of fish that you know are there.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks for the report Guys!

thunder
    wright county

Quote:

Is the public launch at Garrison, south of Mcdonalds, usable?

Co worker of mine went out of there on saturday with no problems. Just keep it trimmed up….

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

i put my 2025 prov in this evening at the cove bay public access. to my suprize, the boat floated all the way back without hitting the mound from power loading. i did get in the water last monday and shovel some of the sand/rocks back in the hole. the creek that flowes through my yard is also running a little bit. it hasn’t done that for 3 months. the lake has seemed to come up a little bit, hopefully it will stay that way until thanksgiving or there-abouts. the bouys are all removed from cove bay and mazominee point……….tom fellegy

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

We launched out of red door friday night. Yes it is a very narrow channel out to the lake. Stay close to the red flags. With in a couple of feet of them and it should be okay. We watched a few boats that where maybe 10′ off the flags and they where hitting lots of sand. Hope it doesnt get any worse.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Went out of Mac’s Twin Bay (Buzzies) everything went well all weekend. Just don’t go out beyond the signs at the end of the ramp, no need to.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Phil’s Myr Mar landing was good last Friday night.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Any update on the Red Door??

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

Red door was pretty shallow but okay if you hug the flags they have out. I managed to get out even without hugging the flags running my kicker. It was rough but we made it. However I was told if you hug the flags it is much deeper.

mkrakau
    Waukee, IA

Went out of The Red Door all weekend without any problems. Just stay close to the flags until the break and you should be fine. However, a strong south wind might make it tough.

MN Musky
    Ham Lake/Mille Lacs, Mn

anyone use eddys lately?

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Yes Eddy’s is fine. Just keep it trimmed up for the first couple hundred yards but one of the best landings i’ve used this fall.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks on the Red Door update!

Viewing 21 posts - 31 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.