Jumbo perch action?

• sundogg44
    Eden Prairie/Mille Lacs

Anybody out there had any luck? My dad is heading up tomorrow and wanted to know if there’s been any shallow rock action yet.

Any information would be greatly appreciate by the old man!

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

They are just starting to move into the rocks as of Saturday. 8-10 fow. Nice ones finally!

birddog
    Mn.

I haven’t been up for a week , the jumbo bite was decent at sun down, we got into a decent mess of fish each evening. Nothing was going during the day unfortunately, well except the smallies, they were agressive. Hopefully the jumbo’s have picked up with the cooler temps this past week.

BIRDDOG

sundogg44
    Eden Prairie/Mille Lacs

Great – thanks for the heads up, fellas!

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Try trolling south of Doe Island in 9-10 ft with #5 jointed shad rap in a firetiger color.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Same general area or Big Point with a Flicker Shad in this color.

-J.

sundogg44
    Eden Prairie/Mille Lacs

That’s good to know. I’ve never trolled for ’em, personally, but he’s going to give it a try tomorrow if the wind dies down. Apparently, it’s lookin’ pretty rough out there right now. I just got off the phone and he thought it was 25-30 mph out of the NW – and seeing as how we’re in Sunset Bay it’s hammering in there pretty good.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

That’s good to know. I’ve never trolled for ’em, personally

The fish you get trolling will be the right size. Not too many dinkers like you sort through fishing bait this time of year. The right size eyes can mix in there too!

-J.

sundogg44
    Eden Prairie/Mille Lacs

Quote:

Quote:

That’s good to know. I’ve never trolled for ’em, personally

The fish you get trolling will be the right size. Not too many dinkers like you sort through fishing bait this time of year. The right size eyes can mix in there too!
    -J.

I like where your head’s at!

martyq

hey sundogg did you or your dad have any luck with the jumbos on the big pond? i was up on labor day with very few moving in to the shallows. im on the ne side of the lake and we can usually do well but nothing as of yet going up this weekend so maybe they will be there now

sundogg44
    Eden Prairie/Mille Lacs

Sounded like he had some trouble w/ the wind when he got out for one day and wasn’t getting much action. Had the small boat out (only thing he could get out on his own especially w/ how shallow it was) and couldn’t really try too many things. Got a few little ones but didn’t have much luck at all.

He did hop to a couple small lakes and had some good crappie action, however. So it wasn’t all bad….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.