October Walleyes

• TheHuntZone
    Des Moines, IA

Hey Guys,

I am new on this site but love walleye fishing. I have fished Mille Lacs in the spring and summer but never the fall. I am coming up the fist week of October and am looking for a few pointers on locations and techniques for this time of year on this lake. Any help would be appreciated.

Jerrett

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Click on \\”Instructional DVD\\\’s\\” in the upper left corner of your screen and order Fall Walleyes. You\\\’ll need to watch it a half dozen times to glean all the info from it. It\\\’s the best there is.

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

Stay tuned to IDA for more info!!!

This year is going to be interesting I think. with shallow water and high weeds/deep weedlines and more baitfish than last year, watch the reports for some tips.

Still,focus on the rocks, and weeds as soon as they start laying down. 4-10ft stick baits, speed will be anywhere between 2 and less than 1 mph. lots of S curves in your trolling pattern and a variety of baits. I have caught them on original #18 down to #5 shallow divers.

make sure your boat is in working order, get out there in teh light and mark your patterns if you not familiar with the lake to avoid taking out your lower unit

check boat lights(and don\’t be that guy with out them on!) head lamps, rain gear, warm clothes (layers) and a good pair of gloves and boots!

nice to have a radio for passing the time too. (both am/fm and marine)

much more to come I am sure I forgot something, always do on the first trip

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Go to Fishing reports here at IDA. Do a search for October Reports in MN for 2006, 2005, 2004, & 2003. Look for the Mille Lacs Reports. The knowledge in those reports if you print them out and piece them together is unreal. Not to mention like the others said, order the DVD.

Also stay tuned, here, you will see reports starting soon.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

October full moon on Mille Lacs look out. The Nebraska boys are headed your way again. The cabin is booked and the hooks are sharpened. Now we just need to watch the dvd again for a refresher!!

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

With the lake being so shallow this year it should make it a little more interesting.

Be carful around the rock reefs.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

I will have to agree with Kraig on this one. There are a few reefs on the south end of the lake that don\\\’t have enough water on the top to float a boat. Be cafeful out there folks.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

October full moon on Mille Lacs look out. The Nebraska boys are headed your way again.

Yawn…I will be waiting for your call to put you corn pickers back on fish again…

Looking forward to it too!

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

I know its early but I am going up this weekend to make a few runs! Gitter done!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Quote:

Quote:

October full moon on Mille Lacs look out. The Nebraska boys are headed your way again.

Yawn…I will be waiting for your call to put you corn pickers back on fish again…

Looking forward to it too!

I heard a couple of corn pickers from western Nebr. are booked for a night with you around the Oct. full moon. I’ve got 8 more in my group from Nebr. with 3 boats. We’re all following you.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.