Hunters

• herefishyfishy
    MN

Well my trip to hunters turned out to be a bad trip and first experience with hunters. We had a reservation for the launch and were told they overbooked for the launch and we couldnt go ,with most other launches full or heading out within minutes. We didnt get any help trying to find another launch or anything. We used a travel brochure to get numbers and try to find another launch. Shouldn’t have left the boat at home!! All in All I will stick to the south side from now on. It really didnt seem like our bussiness mattered. Huhgleys did hold thier launch and we were able to catch ten in our six person group. Biggest was 26.25. I will post some pics in a happier post.

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

They didn’t help you at all??!! That is very wrong and disturbing when you have your whole family with. Did they discount your cabin or give you passes for another time? Sorry to hear, usually george is better than that.been there for 15 yrs and rarely had bad service.

herefishyfishy
    MN

Nope We stood in the parking lot on our phones with a travel guide calling numbers. He did come go by once and said “find anybody” without waiting for an answer kept walking away. After all I heard I was shocked to say the least!!! Had the inlaws, parents and brother with and we even pumped it up a little on the way telling them all the stuff we read all the time about the place. Just pretty much sucked.

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

I don’t have a dog in this fight, as I’ve never been to Mille Lacs, or Hunter’s point, but this might be better dealt with by PM, E-mail, some sort of private means of communication, rather than openly on the message board. I’m not trying to insinuate that it’s wrong to express your opinion, but this has nasty argument thread written all over it, hopefully parties involved can keep their cool. I hope there’s also a reasonable explanation!

lunzer
    Burnsville, MN

Quote:

this might be better dealt with by PM, E-mail, some sort of private means of communication, rather than openly on the message board.

I would say this is the perfect, OPEN, means of communication about a situation like this. It seems that this is a great way for people in the service industry to learn from their mistakes.

I absolutely hope this doesnt turn into a “bashing” situation as well. But I feel that herefishy was very professional in his post and there is no reason to hide this from anyone’s view.

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Well we all know not every business has 100% satisfaction all the time. From time to time things go way wrong for what ever reason. You have just as much right to say something bad as someone who has something good to say. I think as long as what you say is true then tell what happened. It is to bad that it happened and sorry to hear that.
    I have been there in the past and tomorrow I am going to try and set up two weekends yet before, fall if I can. Send George an email and or call him I am sure he will try to make it right. Great place to bad you had a bad experience.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Being in the service industry myself I know it’s very important to make things right if you mess up. A person that has a bad experience will tell ten other people or in this case 10,000.

bigshoots30
    Sartell, MN

I agree 100%, post away on things such as this. There is no bashing here, just honest facts the way I look at it. Site sponsor or not, they should take care of their customers better than they did in this situation.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Dido what Walleye Warrior says, as a business owner i have understood that you need to earn the business of customers and i do not think this is the case with these facts noted. Very disappointing to hear that you had to find out the hard way. I’m sure some resort on Mille Lacs is hungry for the business and will prove it with their actions. And about posting on this site, if you don’t want bad remarks on this and other sites treat your customers like you would want to be treated.

herefishyfishy
    MN

We were luky enough to find an establishment that was eager to please and even held up the boat for us and then stayed a little late to accomodate every one. I dont mean to bash or keep future business away I just know they are a familiar place on this site and I had an unfamiliar expeience. They were having a tournament and if there were ever a time that somthing overlooked (reservations overlooked, and no attempt to make it right)it would be at that busy time. Alot of people around and alot of things to keep track of. If anyone was in the tourney and found a green coin purse, there was an older lady who reported it after we had helped her look for a half hour. I am sure someone in thier office has her contact info.

Seth Carlson

[email protected]

The_Bladepuller
    South end

It is to bad that herefishyfishy had a less than stellar experiance at Nitti’s.
    I KNOW that given a more normal type of situation Geo is very personable. BTW The big special steak that they have on their dinner menu is as good a steak as I’ve had on the lake and BIG!!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I think it is safe to say, his experience is the exception and not the rule. Being in the customer service business myself, I will be the first to admit, it does happen that things fall through the cracks and maybe don’t get handled immediately, or as well as they could have. I will say though, I always appreciate my customers giving me the opportunity to make things right first, before turning it into a public deal. But that’s just me.

big g

herefishyfishy
    MN

We asked for help three times with numbers big G and had to use a travel guide. Also I posted three days later with out anyone getting back to us with an attempt to make it right. How long is long enough? How many times should we have asked for help salvaging our plans. If I remember right big G we were the customer. I still havent heard from anyone there? Is that an exception also?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I don’t know all the specifics and timelines, so I will be quiet now. I just do not think his resort would be so busy, hence my exception comment, if all the customers were treated so poorly.

big g

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Some places on Mille Lacs only survive due to their great location near a fantastic fishery. If it were for their customer service to survive they would already be boarded up and out of business. I can think of (i won’t name them) a dump of a boat harbor on the west side near Garrison who only survives because of his location. If you’ve ever been there to pay your $10 to launch the boat or buy bait you would agree. I’ve launched there 10-15 times in the last year and very grumpy with no customer service. He makes it sound like your are bugging him (kind of like ordering from the Soup Nazi in the Seinfield episode). Instead I’ve taken my $$ others who obviously appreciate the income and see the big picture to remain in business. Just my thoughts but I am a customer.

herefishyfishy
    MN

I think Ive been to the launch nazi’s place a time or two. It seems like a real bother you are right. I think you are right also big G. I am sure we were an exception as the place was rockin. I am just not sure we will be back.

big_g
    Isle, MN

What ????? NO BREAD !!!!! You are banned 1 year …. NEXT !!!!

big g

herefishyfishy
    MN

George has contacted me and extended an apology and launch trip for our group and dinner. His reply was very sincere and made us feel like a valued customer. I appreciate his offer and cant wait to live the hunters experience. Thanks alot george!! I hope I didn’t go overboard and I will be in touch!!

HuntersPoint1

Seth- Thanks for the opportunity to make it right. Like I said, we are not making excuses for what happened and I am very sorry it did. Had I known about this the day of I would have made it right then already. You would have been on our launch like it was set-up to be. (this was a mis-understanding with-in our staff.) Thanks again and I look forward to your call to set-up your groups trip.

Also would like to thank you all for the support and opportunities to serve you and help out in your adventures here on Mille Lacs.

George

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

A sure sign of a class act, my applause for stepping up to the plate and making it right.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Absolutely. Glad to see things worked out. I’m also glad to see this thread didn’t get zapped. Even though my experiences in Hunters have been extremely positive, the reason I spend sooooo much time on this site is because most information posted here isn’t BS.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Cool, now that is what you call stepping up and making things right !

This got me to thinking aobut stopping in for one of them awesome burgers Georges Crew serves up. My mouth is watering just thinking aobut it.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Are we able to pull up a boat and dock at Hunters so we can eat?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Yep I have done it numerous times. Great protected Harbor and they just dredged this spring.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

This is great news, perfect for doing a “date night” with the wife. Sure will beat sandwiches out of the cooler. I figured some resort offered this but wasn’t sure. Thanks for the info it will come in handy this weekend.

HooksWife
    Crystal, MN

IMHO I knew George would make this right. Hunter’s Point is a great place to visit and do business

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.