Bobber question?

• pistolpete

I only have 2 rods that I can set up for Bobber fishing for the weekend…one for me and one for my Dad…i’m sure we’ll be bobber fishing both during the day and at dusk…

my question is…what opinions do you guys have on using the lighted bobbers during the day?…It would be nice to use those so I don’t have to re-rig them for later in the day?…any thoughts?

but if they arn’t neary as good as the foam ones, then I will re-rig…

Thanks and best of luck and safety this weekend!!!!

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

I use the same set up derek does Sometimes I’ll use the “yellow” top thills that have the lights on the inside too.

The key is the swivel! make sure you use one or your line will twist and then you will have no fun!

shaley
    Milford IA

I use the Gamakatsu LED lighted slip bobbers and they get used day or night.

aholzerland
    mn

how do you attach a glow stick to that bobber Derek?

aholzerland
    mn

that’s a different set up that I havn’t seen before…i usually just put a 1/32 oz jig directly to my line, without a swivel, and clamp a split shot to my line…how does the line get twisted?…maybe I haven’t noticed something that might be happening after i toss it out

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

There are two rubber clamp holders that come with the glow sticks. Or sometimes I just tape them on.

Your jig/hook will spin under water naturally especially with a live leech or minnow swimming in circles. Wave action can also create line twist.
    I favor the egg slip sinker because it allows my line to move freely, doesn’t pinch and damage my line, and wont snag up my line when casting out.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Derek, do you put a small split shot below the swivel? I’ve noticed line twist in the Vanish I’ve been using. Been real pleased so far using it. I’ll give the swivel thing a try. Thanks for the tip.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Hey guys I do most my fishing on the river and plan to slip bobber chisago lake area this weekend..can a guy use fireline and all for your main line and vanish for your leader or should I plan to just be re-spooling with vanish on a couple reels…might be hitting mille lacs as well sunday just curious though if I needed to re spool for bobbers and rigging…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.