Water temperature update 5-7-07

• Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I just came off the water from my first spin around the bay!! The water temperature is 50-52 deg’s!! I ran out maybe 1/2 mile from shore at the most. I just wanted to feel the cool air on my new bare head!! as I just got a new hair cut today!! and its summer time short!!!

Well enough of this…let’s get ready for this Saturday!!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

I just wanted to feel the cool air on my new bare head!!

Now your style will match what is between your ears!

Win the Big D… You and Grow…I’ll tell ya…

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

hardee har har

ToddJ

Is the water pretty low this year?

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Almost 3 feet low

Mille lacs is going to make the shops money this year

irishjigs

Is it possible we’ll see extra markers/buoys on the structure this year because of the lake being so low?

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I’d say maybe at best.

To be honest, every year the markers are different. As an example in our bay we have a very large rock that sits about 150 yards from shore. All the locals know about it but it’s never marked that I have seen in 30 years. 1 season about 5 years ago a marker was put on it and one has never been back since.

My point is the markers are never consistent from year to year so I don’t think extras will be put out.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

You talking about that rock in Wahkon Bay? Just to the east of Half Moon?

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

As of today there are zero hazard markers on the north end.

That said….MOST of the north end—several 100 ft. from shore…has less than 4 ft. of water. 1-2 ft. 400 ft. out from the Ray’s/Doc’s area with rocks. My skeg is nowed shined up pretty good after filming in that stretch today.

The Wealthwood access is VERY shallow. I watched several 16-18 ft. boats launch there today. With waders/hipboots, they were able to walk the boats out from the ramp to deeper water(knee deep). Bunk trailers will NOT work there right now.

BOTH east and west Myr Mar reefs have less than 2 ft. in places on top with countless areas of the same within a quarter mile radius.

jldii

Thats just too bad Steve, you still have to stay up there on the north end. MY side of the lake is off limits to you. Stay north of the line and we won’t have any problems!! And you can keep that Wally character up there with you too!!

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

I guess I will have to paste the “rules” on that new motor of yours.

The key word you use is “my”. That ONLY applies to me …NOT you when discussing ANY portion of the lake. You seem confused about that. Check the “seniority” list again… “My” is no longer allowed in your meager Mille Lacs vocabulary!lol

It’s good they have hazzard markers on the south half of the lake so guys like you don’t get lost. You wouldn’t survive long up in God’s country on the north end. You’d be rowing that tub to shore the first hour!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

I guess I will have to paste the “rules” on that new motor of yours.

Steve, a word of advice if I may? Use as many pictures as possible, and if the words have more than three letters, write them V E R Y slowly. He will still have to have Misty read it to him.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.