Mille Lacs report 7-12-03

• rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Good report Steve. I’ll be up there (finally) to do some trolling this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to tie into some fish. I may also hit the smallies… sounds like theres a pretty good bite going on right now.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Yes ,the smallies have been biting pretty good. THe last couple of outings I have taken the last couple hours of the day and caught some mighty fine smallies right out of some of my favorite weed beds!
    !/16th oz Super-doo jig head and a brown-orange super doo or a white K-grub!

Good luck to you.

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Steve-
    What styles of cranks have been producing better? Shad bodied? Any colors been working better than others?

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

As far as the style of cranks that have been producing, its been a mix of a bunch of different lures. Deep Super Rogues have been pretty good longlined, but better on leadcore. Generally speaking the longer thinner baits have been shining as of the past couple weeks. The shad raps always have a time and a place out there, but I have not had my best luck with these lately.

Colors have been pretty consistent with chromes being pretty good stanby as well as the brighter chartruese colors. Keep changing until the fish tell you what they want and don’t be afraid to keep switching, I have seen color patterns change several times thorought the day’s time on some outings.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

That’s what we’ve been seeing too. That throughout the day the color pattern changes.

We have been using a variety of cranks with small working better in the morning (shad raps) and slim longer baits producing better in the afternoon.(reef runners and thunder sticks)

hillja

Have you noticed an odd number of Northerns hitting this year while pulling boards? We hooked into 2 northerns last week.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

We had 2 also. The first about 10 and the second one was about 20 lbs. a huge fish.

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Thanks for the tips guys. I’ll see what I can manage this weekend.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.