Saturday Fishing Report

• seifjr

Started on the south end gravel and picked up a couple nice Jumbos in 30-31 FOW. They were there in numbers, but not that active. Moved to July Bar and didn’t mark a thing after drilling several holes. Moved to the Boot and caught one Jumbo on the northern tip off the edge in 32FOW. Moved up on top in 26FOW and caught 8 eyes between 10″ – 19″ in the middle of the day. Buckshot tipped with larve and minnow head at the same time worked well. I could only get one fish per hole and then had to hole hop looking for an active fish. We marked alot of inactive fish throughout the day. We wanted a meal so we headed for 7 Mile around 2:30 p.m. Fished the inside turn on the NW thumb (30+FOW) Slow for the first 45 minutes and then they started snapping pretty good. Buckshot tipped with larve worked best. We ended up with 10 keepers between two guys and had a great meal back at the cabin. I spent the rest of the evening with a icepack on my face in an effort to cool the SUNBURN!!! Good luck to those still chasing um. It’s open water time for me.

Seifjr

gdandm
    Elk River, Mn

Nice report. Sounds like your about par, seems like everyones struggling. How’s the ice and landings?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.