A good day.

• birddog
    Mn.

I was able to get out fri. and sat. to chase some perch around. Found the fishing to be slow on fri, lots down there they just weren’t interested. We did manage some nice eyes though. Sat. was much better for numbers and size of the perch, and the weather, beautiful besides the sunburn as you can see from the pic…MAN my face is hurting!! That sun was toasty. SO, note to all…DO NOT forget the sunscreen if your going out to chase some of these late season jumbo’s.

The biggest jumbo’s measured in at 15″ even, true JUMBOS. The one was so fat it’s belly was actually tearing, we managed 3 that touched the 15″ mark. If we hadn’t put the knife to them they’d have looked good together on the wall. We managed a full 5 gal bucket sat. The bite still isn’t slammin but if you put the time in you can scratch out a nice mess. Looking forward to this warm weather this week, the bite should really take off, one can only hope.

Lots of slush spots out there, 6″ of hard pack then 1′ of slush before you hit solid ice!! Watched more than one truck resting on the frame getting yanked out, could smell that clutch burnin from a mile away! Besides that the shore was solid and the ice was the entire depth of the auger.

The bite should only get btter from here on out, get out there and take advantage!

First pic is a pair of 15″ers.

BIRDDOG

shadrap23
    Ramsey, MN

Nice Jumbos Birddog It should only get better from here

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

BirdDog- Nice looking Jumbo’s I hope you are heading up to Winni next weekend. If you are I will be in tow. You seem to know what you are doing. If you are not going I guess BrianK will have to do

John

KellyW

Wow! Bird-dog, you are always on fish-how do you so consitently stay on Mille Lacs fish? You must be a great fisherman, or know some great fisherman If you ever want to share a boat, or stay somewhere for free where you can use all the propane, electricity you want etc., and invite all your freinds, call me and you can use my cabin

birddog
    Mn.

You smart !

BIRDDOG

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

You got into some dandy’s!! What did those 15 inchers weigh-in at?

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Wow Birddog!
    Those are big perch!!!!!!!

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Those aren’t perch They’re the exotic species,…..Peacock Bass

birddog
    Mn.

I’m not sure what they weighed, left my scale at home. You can bet I’ll remember my scale next time.

BIRDDOG

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Can I ask why you didn’t put them on the wall? Surely trophies by most’s stadards, at least mine anyway. Great fish!!!!!!!!! I can picture the mount now. Two 15″ perch chasing a 4″ walleye.

birddog
    Mn.

Quote:

Can I ask why you didn’t put them on the wall?

They’re rough fish, it would be like putting a bass on the wall!

Definitely my biggest perch to date, had to remeasure them a few times, couldn’t quite believe the length. Once I get that 30″+ eye one the wall I’ll consider the perchies. One things for sure…they’re going to taste good at the opener fish fry!!

BIRDDOG

gdandm
    Elk River, Mn

Nice Fish. Any tips on color/depth/GPS coordinates,LOL.
    Way to go.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ll trade you my 30.25″ eye for those two 15″ perch. Sounds fair to me.

westie682

Bass on he wall! Are we not supposed to throw them up on shore with the carp?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.