Mille Lacs MMC cards now for Lowrance

• DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

About a month ago, I recieved my Lake Mille Lacs reel bottom MMC card for my Lowrance Global Map 3000 unit. Any of you that have purchased the reel bottom detail for your PC, know the level of detail that this offers. This is the same map that has been written for the Lowrance and other popular GPS maping units, only in MMC card format. Also, as many of you were aware that the first release of the reel bottom was marginal to say the least as far as accurancy from what I experienced. The new release of 2.0 is much better and worth the price of the map for the level of detail that we all seek in a quality contour map. Having this 1 foot contour detail right on your screen all the time is a tool that you can get spoiled with in a hurry. Imagine the versatility to a new angler or a seasoned veteran that never has to dig out a paper map and try to find where exactly you are and where you want to go. I have followed many contours structures out there so far with this unit and I have found that my sonar reads very close to the GPS map that is displayed.
    Anyone that has any questions about this MMC card, I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have based on my 5-6 outings so far. This card retails for $149.99

Here is a link with more detail.

http://www.lakemap.com/cmap/cmap.html

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Steve…. I’m guessing you have the MMC card, that can be inserted into the front of the Global Map, X-15, etc? The link you gave and price was for the C-Map card… which isn’t for the Lowrance, I believe???

I have gotten the MMC, and can’t wait to use it. Tomorrow you can show what it’s like when we go hunting for ‘eyes!

Judge

The Lowrance units use the Navionics ReelBottom MMC chip, which retail for $199.99. I’m not sure what you are refering to in regard to initial and subsequest releases of the software, as there has only been one MMC release that I am aware of.

http://www.lakemap.com/navionics/navionics2.html

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m guessing Steve is refering to the new Lake Master version of the Navionics chip with the Reel Bottom Map detail. The “paper” maps are awesome, in my humble opinion, compared to the King Tutt’s and others I’ve used. Much more expensive to get all four paper versions, but hey it’s just money(plus it’s for fishin stuff). If the MMC chip is as good as the paper, it’s well worth the purchase if you spend much time on the lakes available.

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Yep… he’s got the MMC from LakeMaster. I saw it in use yesterday. Very sweet.

vikes40for60
    Minneapolis

I have used it both on Mille Lacs and Leech and have found it to be VERY useful. I have the X-15! $50 a lake is a bit spendy but did help on both on my fishing trips thus far.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

My apologies guys. I did give you the wrong link to the MMC card. Thanks judge for putting up the correct link. As I have mentioned in my original post. Having this detail right on your screen is absolutely huge in running from spot to spot as well help identify the “spot on the spot”.

I would reccommend this card to all anglers looking to make your day that much more efficiant on the water each day. One other plus is that when you buy this Reelbottom card, you also get 3 other main lakes here in Mn, all with the reel bottom detail…..Gull Lake, Mille Lacs, White Bear, and Leech lakes are all availible on the card.

Judge

No problem, Steve

I appologize if I came off short – had to run but wanted to post the correct link.

I agree! I have only used the software once on opener but, due to a comedy of errors, could only use it on Agate Reef. The limited area I was able to use it in shows that it will be a useful tool! I was all ready to give it another try this weekend, but due to more comedy, that may now be pushed back to the following weekend!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.