Cold Weather Safety?

• MN Musky
    Ham Lake/Mille Lacs, Mn

I fish alone 99% of the time and I always wonder about “what if” type scenarios. With the cold sanp upon us, who do you use for your safety “call”. Lets say the sled does not start. Is there a number to call to have someone tow/ help around Mille Lacs. It might be a good weekend to prepare for some hard to start vehicles. My neighbors at the cabin are mine if I am close to shore, but not likely if I have to give them gps coordinates/ flat name.
    I would sure hate to be walking the lake this weekend!!!

danwilliams1
    Onamia, Mn.

lot of “ifs” here…I don’t have cell phone…if I’m around to answer phone though..I’d cover ya.. Live a mile south of Onamia and gps coordinates would work. Email me and I’d give ya phone #… Not something you could count on all the time..what ya really need. (I been getting pressured to get a cell cuz I also fish alone 99%.. I may sometime..)
    Dan

walleye_mike
    Plymouth, MN

I always access the lake through a resort and am more than happy to pay the fee. I’m sure many of the resort owners will agree that in addition to their hard work and efforts of keeping roads open, bridging breakers, moving houses, ice condition info, etc. – that part of the fee acts as a “safety net” for being available and/or providing assistance in cases of emergency, battery jump, tow/help, etc. for their lake access customers.

MN Musky
    Ham Lake/Mille Lacs, Mn

The resorts are the way to go for the non residents. I just access the lake from my cabin. I wouldnt mind using the resorts and do for open water needs. I just dont have a trailer for sled and otter lodge access through various resort facilities.

Logan
    Big Lake, MN

I agree with the resorts. Pay a seasonal pass and get to know one, just in case you ever need it. If you need to use them once it will all be worth it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.