Mille Lacs pigs!

• birddog
    Mn.

I’ve been hitting the pond off and on the last few weeks, the fishing has been just ok. I pulled fish off the mud, west side rock and the N. sand. Not alot of fish but, fun anyway. Vex’d lots off fish, lots of lookers, most just weren’t into biting. This cold weather has slowed them down.

I suppose most are expecting pictures of the “pigs”, well, I didn’t have the camera with nor did I catch anything piggie. What I’m talking about is the amount of trash left by so many of the so called “sportsman”. Propane cans, beer/soda cans, TONS of cig butts, clothing, water bottles, paper, wood, siding etc, etc…It’s all over the lake! As I’m sitting in my portable, I watch a “west side” resort truck pull up to one of it’s houses, hook up and pull away. A while later I packed up to move, drove right past where the house was sitting, 22″-27″ fish guts, beer cans, and what looked like urine filled water bottles. Resort owners need to check the ice after they move these houses, no, they didn’t leave the trash but their customers did.

I’m pretty disgusted at the trash I saw the last week, I did do my part by picking up as much as I could fit in my rack but I couldn’t get it all. PIGS!

So, PLEASE pick up your trash when the day is done, it only takes a few seconds to pick up around you.

BIRDDOG

As for the rest of the pigs, clean up after yourself or stay off the ice, water and our forests.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Here, here!!!!!!

There is no reason we should tolerate others disregard for their surroundings. Thanks for helping out.

herefishyfishy
    MN

I agree 100%!!!! It is sad, everytime I leave the woods or water I seem to have twice the trash I brought. I pack a bag now but it could be so easy to just take it with you and not leave it in the first place. VERY DEPRESSING!!! What will there be for our children?

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

Sad to see no reason for it Like picking up after your kids gets OLD

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

birddog,
    thanks for doing your part. it is terrible the way people leave the ice and it really PISSES me off. i treat the lake as i do my yard, since i live on the lake i guess it is part of my yard. it happens every winter, there are alot of PIGS that icefish. i would imagine that these same PIGS do the same thing when in their boat, the trash sinks. i pick up beer bottles, cans, bags, cardboard boxes, wood used as blocking for fishhouses, plastic bags with poop in them. you brought the beer, pop, wood, boxes, with you so there must still be room in your truck to take it home and through it away. i have no problem calling someone out if i catch them leaving trash on the ice. i understand that the wind can blow a can accross the ice, the same with a plastic bag, and stuff can bounce out of the atv while running accross the lake, but thee are alot of areas that PIGS just leave all there trash on the ice. in my opinion, leaving the trash is a worse crime than taking a extra walleye or two………..tom fellegy

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I was picking crap up on Sat. It was extremely frustrating.

Absolute slobs.. I dont know what I would do if I caught someone leaving crap behind. I cant believe the amount of beer bottles and cans.. These idiots dont understand when the ice melts, that crap is on the bottom of the lake.

danwilliams1
    Onamia, Mn.

Those little plastic caps from propane bottles, name it somebody leaves it..A pile of cig butts is my pet peeve…what are they thinking????
    And yeah I’m a sometimes smoker myself. If smoking the butts go home.

Been gone 26 years..first winter back.Disregard for lake has gotten much worse than it was. Disheartening.

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

It’s always unfortunate when people leave trash behind no matter what. I fish the Mississippi alot from shore during the summer and the crap people leave behind is disgusting. Unfortunately, I bring a garbage bag down to the river each and every time I venture out to clean up others trash. The people doing this are definitely not true sportsmen and are deserving of a good ol’ whoopin’!

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

what, did you change your name?

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to make it up there this year But I have spent the better part of the last 2 decade up there every winter! If I see pigs leaving trash behind I will not hesitate to shame them into picking up there trash! If you get through to one idiot they might get through to another. There is no reason not to pick up after yourself! Rule of thumb, bring in more than you brought out and mother nature will thank you!

Might not be a bad idea this spring, or sometime soon even to have a GTG to clean up the lake. spend an afternoon like a hwy clean up, it would go a long way for the sites credit. (not that it needs it but every good thing helps)
    we could even take it futher! Have an annual IDA lake appreication day. where we as site members get the media involved and show what good sportsman are all about, with all the members we have we could make a list of all the lakes we helped pick up trash on and I bet we could easily top 100 lakes! talk about good PR!

Any one else interested?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.