Renting a House for 2/3

• thoth33

I am very new to ice fishing (this is my first season) and now I am going to Mille Lacs for some ice fishing. My father in law (not an ice fisherman) and I are getting a sleeper house from Randy’s Rentals.

I was wondering what I should bring for jigs, lurs and bait to catch some walleyes and eelpout.
    Any and all advice is much appreciated since I have never fished Mille Lacs, or big walleyes through the ice.
    Thanks again,
    ty

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

1/8 oz. Go Devils with the head of a fathead minnow.
    Look to left at BfishiN tackle to order Go devils.

Perch/Glo and Gold have been working well.

Bring some smaller jigs and waxworms for daytime perch
    action. Crappie minnows will also work for perch some
    days.

Bring an auger if you can and try outside the house
    also. The more water you cover the better.

A tip-up with a #6 or #4 red hook with a fathead or a small
    shiner anywhere from 6″ to 2′ off the bottom can provide results.

Do you plan on staying in or around the house or will you
    go out and find structure?

Dan

thoth33

I only have a hand auger so we will not be moving far. Basically, I am hoping that Randy puts us on some good structure.
    ty

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Where is Randy’s located?

Ask him when he brings or leads you out to the house
    if he can bring an auger and poke some add’l holes for
    you, especially if the weather isn’t too cold.
    Then at least you can put the tip-ups out and cover a
    little more water.

Dan

putt2winn
    Eau Claire, WI

Ty, I promised my wife a ski vacation so I booked a cabin on Mille Lacs that week . I hope their is a ski hill somewhere close otherwise I am in big trouble. If you want give me a p.m. and we can meet up one morning. I have all the gear and atv to move around. I think I might just need it as a good excuse to get away from the wrath I am sure will come.

ROCKMAN
    Mille Lacs

Randy’s Rentals.

What, is everyone trying to be a pop up resort this year? With KJ rentals, who is a carpet guy, not a resort on one side and now Randy’s rental who also is not a resort on the other. Do you think that sounds kind of fishy, No punn intended. He rents water bikes in the summer out of his house! He lives up the road from me. Is he out there checking the ice every day and doing what needs to be done out there to make your trip a safe one? I highly doubt it. Be careful where you go when it comes to ice fishing this year, I think I would stick with a well know Resort for my 1st time out,and for that matter, every time out. Just my opinion

Rockman

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.