Hunters Point

• Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Wonder whats going on at Hunters???? Those vehicles have been near that crack for a while now???

Hunters

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

It appears they moved the bridge!!!!

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Hunters website has George talking about roads being staked out to a couple of midlake flats…I am assuming that this means trucks are heading out that far vs. just 4 wheelers and snowmobiles…Correct? Need to know if I need to bring along the 4 wheeler for the goings on this weekend…RR

irishjigs

I know my group of 14 guys are bringing 7-8 ATV’s this weekend. Better to be prepared than not be able to hit that hot mud flat bite!

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Yes the roads to the flats that are staked are open to vehicle traffic.
    Calvin, I think the north road bridge was moved back to its original spot. I did’nt see them working on it, but from where it looks like the vehicles are going that’s my guess.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

sounds dumb Dman, but when we get up there Thursday night is it going to be a here’s a map and go find the house? or will they have someone that will lead the way to make sure we get there?

thanks-
    Broncs

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Depends on what time you get there. If the lake guys are still working they will lead you out.
    Weekends they have lake crew 24 hours. Not weekdays.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I was just taking a nap this afternoon when I was awaken by a loud crack!! I look at the temperature outside and it is now up to 24 deg’s….guess our lake is deciding to expand alittle!!!!

The boys probaly had to tend to the ice movement!!

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

any idea how late the possibly might be working doug? or will you be in at Hunter’s and guide us out for a round? and I am assuming a thanks also goes out to you with the help BrianK was abelt o provide?

Broncs

Bob Carlson

Just an FYI….

All the folks attending the GTG this weekend should be aware of where this bridge is located. It will be marked with a flashing light. This is a pressure spot near shore that will be active with the temperature changes this weekend.

Do not attempt to cross this area with out the use of the bridge

Bob Carlson

This is what happens when you get near a pressure ridge near shore!!

Bob Carlson

Make sure and use the bridges on the resort lake roads and also keep your driving speed below 20 mph. You don’t want to create a ice wave in front of your vehicle from driving to damn fast.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Isnt that the new Iowan car wash in Isle Bay?

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

lol Bob–our hanging light over the dining room table was swingin’ after that boom!

My favorite wife took that pic you posted. They drove right over the crack and broke’er off. Only six ft. deep so the front end hit the bottom and the trailer hitch got caught on the ice and held ‘er up on that end.

Even if there’s 30″ of ice, it will break off when crossing it with a full size vehicle(car included)without a bridge!

Steve Fellegy
    218-678-3103

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.