Rockman’s Report

• ROCKMAN
    Mille Lacs

1/07/06
    You know, it was sure nice to have a weekend without rain. There were a lot of people out and about for the weekend with the mild temps. The bite was great on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and then of course the weekend came and the bite slowed down. I talked to quite a few guys that were all around the lake and the bite seemed to be the same all over. There were some fish taken out of the 5 rental houses that were rented this weekend. There were a total of 18 walleyes, in the 16 to 19 inch range and a 29 ½ incher on Friday out of # 17. There were also some nice perch taken out in 29 and 30 ft of water on the Second Reef in the 10 to 12 inch range on rattle spoons and wax worms. It was slower for some and better for others. You definitely needed to be on the move this weekend and away from the crowds. The bite times seem to be the same as last week, 7:00 am to 10:30 am and then again at 4:00pm to 5:30 pm with some spots kicking out fish during the night. I have not found a large concentration of walleyes or perch, yet this season. They seem to be spread out, and if you get one there were 2 or 3 others with them. The perch are also spread out and I have not found any real schools of them yet, but when I do and I will, you will know about. Well it seems as though we are suppose to get some colder weather this week. Let’s pray that we do and maybe, just maybe we can drive out by this weekend. I still have my heaviest houses on shore. It would be nice to actually have winter finally come and stay. The cracks on the lake are working back and forth through out the day, so keep that in mind if you want to get to a spot that has a crack to cross. You may find yourself stranded for a while. I have a lot of houses open for this weekend, so if you need one and are looking for a chance to catch that one to put on the wall, this is the place. We have had 2 fish already this season over 28 inches, and one close to 30 inches just this weekend.
    Be safe this week.
    We will see you
    When we see you
    The Rockman
    Ps
    The DNR did close the public accesses this weekend to vehicles.
    What does that tell you. Don’t be driving out yet with a vehicle, at least out of the South West side. I am not speaking for anyone else but myself and my area.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Great report John, they are much appreciated..
    Any pics of the couple of the BIG fish????
    Jack..

ROCKMAN
    Mille Lacs

Jack

http://www.rockyreef.com under the photo albulm. I tried to post it here but it won’t post it, to big of a file.

Thanks Rock

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.