Rockman’s Report/Officially open/House are out!

• ROCKMAN
    Mille Lacs

12/27/06

I hope you all had a great Christmas and that you got what you wanted from Santa. I first prayed that he would bring me 4 more inches of ice and second that he would bring me a Bose entertainment system. Well I got the Bose system, which by the way is the only way to watch movies on a HD T.V. But we did not get any more ice.

We are still only sitting with 10 to 11 inches of ice for now, but crack out front has healed. I pulled the bridge yesterday and it seems to be good to go. I have pulled out some of my 4 and 6 holer’s also for this weekend. I am hoping to have some of the bigger houses out by Friday or Saturday with the 6 wheeler. The bite is still good for both walleyes and perch out in 16 to 22 ft of water.

The reef is also putting out some nice walleyes from 6:30am until about 10:30am or 11:00am. Then you must move out to deeper water, 24 to 26 ft has been putting out some dam nice perch until about 4:30 pm then the walleyes move in. Fat heads are working better than golden shiners and the walleyes are also feeding on small sucker minnows. Just a little inside info for you. Both of the humps are putting out some nice walleyes and perch through out the morning and into the early afternoon.

I am still only letting 4 wheelers and sleds out of my access. It will cost you $10.00 to park, which is a small price to pay for your safety and your vehicles safety. There have been a lot of people parking along the shore also, but there have been some idiots breaking into them. So if you want a safe place to park for you and the vehicle, then park here.

Not to mention I can save you a lot of time wandering around wondering where you should fish with first hand knowledge on where to go. You must still be able to catch them.

We are officially open for the winter season.

Be safe

We will see ya

When we see ya

The Rockman

rhette

The weather channel this am had video of someone’s new green Ford pickup going through the ice somewhere in MN, but I didn’t see where. The fisherman in the background just kept jigging. They must have been biting.

BIGNEL07
    Albertville

Rockman- do you have anything open for Sunday afternoon to Monday afternoon. Thinking about taking the wife and mother up there for a little New Years Eve fishing

612-290-5592
    Jason Nelson

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Quote:

The weather channel this am had video of someone’s new green Ford pickup going through the ice somewhere in MN, but I didn’t see where. The fisherman in the background just kept jigging. They must have been biting.

Coon Lake near East Bethal… I think.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.