Rockman’s Report/Almost ice

• ROCKMAN
    Mille Lacs

12/07/06

We now are at 2 inches of ice out in front of the resort, but the wind has been blowing the ice around for a couple of days. We had open water yesterday over by Vineland bay and out in front the ice opened up and it was still steaming this morning. The bays do have any where from 3 to 5 inches of ice on them. The water level is down about 3 ft, so I do not know what depth of water you will find in the bays. I will be out this weekend checking very carefully what we end up with for ice after this cold snap. Remember guys, we had open water just 3 days ago and the lake has not frozen over completely as of yet, There were a couple of fish traps out in front of the Conoco station yesterday on less than 3 inches of ice and that is just crazy, but by noon the ice had opened up about 500 ft wide for over 6 miles from Indian Point to Spirit Island and I don’t know how or if they got off in time. Do not get to rambunctious out there this weekend. I will be open at the bar and restaurant this weekend for those of you that will be up working on your ice houses, or for those of you that are going to try out the bays this weekend. I can’t stress it enough, for those of you that are going to venture out this weekend. Be very, very, very careful where you go and how far out you go. It could cost you your life. There is plenty of time to fish yet this winter, we haven’t been cold for very long. The fish are not going anywhere.

Be safe

We will see ya

When we see ya

The Rockman

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Be very, very, very careful where you go and how far out you go. It could cost you your life. There is plenty of time to fish yet this winter, we haven’t been cold for very long. The fish are not going anywhere.

Be safe

We will see ya

When we see ya

The Rockman

Bingo!!!! enough said!!!! Be careful!!!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.