Mille lacs jigs

• broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

OK I am sure this was somne where before on here, and I saw the only “1” jig on the ice fishing post. but I would like to know specifically for Mille Lacs what are peoples favorite jig. I have angel eyes, genz worms, glows, jigging rap, buck shots. what else for the GTG as it is looking like more and more that I will be there and I have a place to stay with Bucky12pt, I appreciate you opening your house to me.

Thanks

Broncs.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

If you read last years reports, you’ll see that you need some Go Devils too. If you have never heard of them, just look here.

<–
    <–
    <–

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

You have the bases pretty well covered already. I have also had success with the classic Swedish Pimple . Just the plain silver with some color on one side like the prism kelly or prism glo.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

OK I tried ordering some last year with issues, because I did a last second thing. but I do have all teh angel eye colors covered. what size go devils do you suggest?

thanks-
    broncs

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

what size go devils do you suggest?

1/4 and 1/8.

wallster
    Austin, MN

I did really good last season on the Lindy rattle spoons,Frostie spoons and their Flyers. The spoons I tiped with a minnow head and the Flyer I used the whole minnow. When the fish hit they hit hard.
    Wallster ><((((>

gobig-or-gohome
    Lake Minnetonka area

1/8 I use fairly light rods.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

mine to. they are ultra lights. whould I go with something heavier for Mille lacs? as the upper red crappies really double them over? Also should I change my hooks to red on my spoons and such? also on the jigging raps, I have heard to cut the front and back hooks off? thoughts on that?

thanks
    Broncs

Red3

Leave the hooks alone on the raps.
    Out of five guy’s fishing there is usally two that have the perch colored on. Tip the treble hook with a minnow head usally a fathead. You can go from a slight wiggle to a three foot lift. Have fun and hold on tight when they hit it, it will be a hard hit.

Red 3

gobig-or-gohome
    Lake Minnetonka area

Last year I did not get out there until later in the year and focused on perch and just use the ultra light genz rods with 2 lb test. I have some med. Light and med. rods with 3 and 4 pound test for jigging spoons. Might be a little light on the line size for them big Mile Lacs eyes though.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Chubby Darter is a must .

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Derek, do they sell those chubby darters at any of the shops around the big pond? I know they are not down here, then again, not much is here.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Theres not many around the pond. But I’m hoping to change that. In the meantime I do have some for sale.

GregKorynta
    Columbia Heights,MN

The chuby darters absolutely rock on the pond. As for cutting your hooks on jiggin raps,look at the picture of the chuby darters again. I cut mine off. Have never once hooked a fish with the front hooks. And NO, you will not miss a fish because of cutting them off.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

Chubby Darter is a must .

What colors should I consider? Also, what type/weight line do you use for these?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.