Ramps open ??

• sippiriverrat
    Andover MN.

I didn’t make it up yet for my last pike and musky hunt, but the plan is to head up friday after thanksgiving, just wondering if all the accesses are still open or are some frozen in, last year at this time all were frozen except Garrison?

KHines

Fished Sunday 11/20. Launched at Myr Mar. Had to chop about 3/4 inch ice in the lagoon. Don’t expect any of the deeper launches to be usable by the end of the week. Saw people launching at Pikes point (south Garrison). To shallow for my boat. Bring sand and kitty litter if you go. Or at least a shovel. That is a slippery ramp after a couple of cars go up it. Winch your boat on if you can. To shallow to power load. Garrison Reef had 12 boats throwing and trolling on it on Sunday.

castandblast
    Eau Claire, WI

I made the trip on monday 11/20. I was disappointed because the ice was too thick for me to get out. I called some people before I went and they told me it was “ok” yet for open water fishing. What a joke that was. A trail was made (probably from Sunday) from the public landing on the east side. I tried to follow the 300-400 yard trail to open water but I didn’t like how the ice was hitting my boat so I went back after 100 yards. Waste of trip for me so I ended up at Red Wing for the afternoon. Unless the weather gets really warm between now and then you might be disappointed too. It was the same way on the north end too.
    If you wait another 2 weeks you can go after them pike with tip-ups out there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.