Role call – Get together???

• jldii

Quote:

Jack, You have to start running with the pack.

I might try that if it didn’t feel like the pack is always running away from me!!

russjudy
    Minnesota

Russ&Judy can be at the Blue Goose Saturday night around 6-6;30 to meet anyone but were at our “Duck Inn” the rest of the time and leaving Sunday- theres a story behind the “Duck Inn” the geese and ducks drop in for a visit and just say “Hi” but some never leave the Beaver Dam–its a blast!!! we (Russ&Judge-Judy) will be wearing Russ&Judy caps- I wear yellow wide suspenders-easy to spot and a checkered red and black shirt- thats my signature- were located 7 miles west- need a place to stay just give us a yell,
    [email protected] or 1-320-356-7792

jldii

Steve,

I understand what you’re saying. The day time bite is still good, and feeling the sun on your face and seeing all the fall colors makes it more special. Monday I was out with one other person, and had our limits of 20-21+” as well as tossing back several between 23-27″, and all between from 2-6PM.

As long as we keep that secret stuff to ourselves, we’ll have the whole lake to ourselves during the day. Besides, nightime is for sleeping!

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Jack–Do you think “they” need to shine deer too? lol

Can’t hunt ducks after sundown. No hunting for ANY “game” birds and or animals after dark yet we let these poor, just as vulnerable walleyes, be fair chase–AFTER dark? I don’t get it!

Now if that doesn’t highjack this thread and start somethin’–I give up! lol

Jack—you’re up to bat! lol

Steve Fellegy

218-678-3103

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

If you can’t hunt them at night, why do they keep jumping in front of my truck!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

LOL

On a personal level I LOVE being out at night. I get all the day-time, sweating in the hot sun guiding I need earlier in the year. So the change of pace, atmosphere and challenges associated with the fishing is a welcome change that keeps me sharp. As you long-term guides know it is a challenge to stay at the top of your game over an entire season… when I get back from mille lacs I feel completely re-charged and energized for guiding on the big river.

My favorite part of fishing at night trolling cranks is the impact / hit / collision that I feel when a big walleye attempts to destroy my crank. It is the same type of sensation that keeps me on the river in my boat casting little jigs and plastics well into the cold of the winter when others opt for ice houses and propane powered heaters.

From the business angle my customers just don’t want fish to take home. Or at least that’s not why they book trips with me. They want to experience dozens of 25″ plus fish a night. I’ve turned away or referred out 7 trips in the last week to other guides and I’ll be 90% booked for 2007 trips up to mille lacs before I ever leave the lake for the final time this fall… so the demand is certainly there.

Night time is the right time for this guy.

And I don’t have to clean fish.

So… either of you day fishing yahoos gonna show up for the gathering out of hunters so I can buy a drink a drink or two?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Besides that some of us work during the day.

My only time I can get up there is during the week is evenings.

James, I think I may have fishermans elbow from all of those 25″ plus fish Also don’t tell those two “scared of the darkers” how hard those eyes crush that crank at night.

jldii

James,

Just let me know when everyone is getting together and I’ll try to make it. Like I said, I have day trips both Friday (8-4) and Sat (10-6), so it might not be possible. Maybe Sunday we could meet up?!

corey-studer

Night time, day time, they’re all great times on the pond or where ever you may fish.
    Jack, we might see you again some where on the empty southern shores during the DAY catching all sizes corkin and CRANKIN!
    Steve, you almost raised a few hairs (what’s left ), but I’m over it. YES, the day bite continues to be STRONG. Can’t wait to get Queen bee out on the water again…
    Safe boating and great fishing to all, day & night

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Night time is the right time for this guy.~ James Holst

I KNEW you were a catfisher!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.