9/15 & 9/16 Report

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I was lucky enough to get out walleye fishing this weekend, first time since opener. We had a pretty busy weekend, but it all seemed to come together enough to get some time in on the water.

Friday night Josh Hukriede and I put in at Hunter’s Point Resort, leaving the breaker is a little shallow coming out, but certainly navigable. We started targeting steeper breaks in the 5-12′ range. We very quickly got our first fish, a 10″ + perch. After that, it was the dead sea for us. We switched lures a lot and moved up into some shallower water. Nothing to show for our efforts. The wind continued to pick up and we going to call it a night around 11.

Saturday was a pretty busy day, we had the ALS walk in St. Cloud, helping Tuck with carpet at the new pad and I tried to sneak in a little beer drinking and relaxation. We were able to get out on the water before 7 that night.

Josh and I started in the same areas we fished the night before. Sadly our wallye luck was about the same. We saw boats all around us catching fish, but we couldn’t figure out the program until right before we went in. I got a 18″ fish on a tennessee shad HJ. Needless to say, the storm was bearing down on us and we headed for the landing.

It was great to see some of the IDA clan and to spend some time at Hukreide compound. It’s about as peaceful a place I’ve been to. Thanks for putting me up this weekend Josh!!! Did your boots dry out yet?

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

KOOTY!!!!!!!!!!

You didn’t….did you?????

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

We managed three fish, a couple of 17″ eaters for Mr. Jordan, and a 23″ for my son Ben. We did get a nice perch as well. Smithwick Rogues worked for us. Silver and Craw. Like Kooty said, the weather chased us off early.

Kooty, thanks a ton for kicking in the carpet!
    I owe you big time!!!!

JJ, it was fun fishing with you buddy!
    I think Ben is thinking there is a future for him playing Holdem!

It sure was fun at Hook’s as usual! God, the laugh lines have not gone away yet! Good to see Mike W there as well!

Started the October full moon beard today!

KHines

It was also the dead sea for us. We launched on the West Side and fished weeds until about 10. Would have gone to rocks, but the big motor was not pulling water pressure. So just fished on the kicker for the night. With the storm rolling in, didn’t want to get to far away. Tried different speeds, depths, colors, and styles of baits. Nothing. Be back in 2 weeks to try again.

jh55429
    Crystal, MN

Kooty, it was good sharing a boat with you this weekend. Too bad the fish didn’t cooperate

We’re going to have to get back at them soon. We can’t let them fish get the better of us. There sure is never a dull moment when you are around, I think my boots are still a little wet!!!!!

It was good visiting with all of you Sat. evening…Kooty, Tuck, Mike W and JJ

Josh

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Nope, got a little damp out fishing Friday night.

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

We fished the southeast corner and ended up with 7 eyes. Could not get a bite trolling but picked ours up on shallow rocks with leeches. Good eaters but nothing over 18 inches. Maybe see some of you guys next weekend. Good luck.
    Buckshot – When do you want to connect for some night trolling?

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Buck shot I was thinking the same thing!!!!

big_g
    Isle, MN

from the way Dman talked, more than your boots could of got wet…

big g

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

We managed three fish, a couple of 17″ eaters for Mr. Jordan, and a 23″ for my son Ben. We did get a nice perch as well.

Those eaters were mmmmm-mmmmmm good! Nothing better than fresh Milly eyes for the Vikes game! Thanks for that open seat.

Here is Ben’s 23 that I thought was a smally when it hit. That fish did an airborne back flip on the hook up.

-J.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.