Mille Lacs from Oct 10-13th

• NPC
    Des Moines, IA

Heading to Mille Lacs (Red Door Resort) from October 10-13 and hoping for some tips. Like to troll crankbaits but is there anything else worth trying? I’ve had good advice from Schnauzer regarding the night bite, does anyone else have ideas?
    Also, we would love the opportunity to catch big Pike and maybe even a muskie. Any pointers would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    NPC
    [email protected]

Anonymous

Check out the reports James has been providing here.
    He has put up some very detailed information and from the people I have talked to, The bite has been slow at best. James is making it look otherwise. Alot could change before the 10th. Good Luck.

Anonymous

Hey NC, it’s nice to see you registered here on FTL! I had planned to be on Mille Lacs this weekend but it looks like I will “get” to catch up at work instead. As a consolation prize, I will sneak out on Minnetonka at night but that is nothing compared to ML. I figured I’d have some fresh advice for you but now I will only be able to comment on what I got accompished at the office :-(( . Good luck!

It sounds like the walleyes have been slow to move to the rocks this fall but now with a couple full weeks of sub 60 degree water, they may have finally moved there by the time you hit the water. If not, try doing the same things over gravel and weeds.

NPC
    Des Moines, IA

I think I’d call in sick if I were you. I registered here a few weeks ago, but haven’t had the time to check as often as I’d like. I’ll let you know how the trip goes.
    Thanks,
    NPC

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.