Stink Pond.

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

That Tullibee die off is something else, eh? Not just a few but thousands of belly up fish! Whew, what a stink bomb! Crawdads and Seagull are being fed well. Never seen anything like it on the pond. Wow!

Fishing was slow for me. Picked up one nice slot trolling cranks Satuday mid morning and another rigging late afternoon but that was about it. Went looking for smallies on Sunday and didn’t get bit. Skunked!

-J.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I agree with you Jon….should make for an interesting PWT this week!!!!!

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Is anyone going to go watch the final wiegh in on friday?

I think I’ll cut out of work and go up to watch it.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Heading up Thursday to watch. Will post what I hear.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I am fishing tomorrow with one of the pros. I am excited to learn some new techniques and some new spots. I talked to him last night and it sounds like it has been real inconsistent. Hopefully tomorrow the fish will let loose.

jldii

I’ll be at the weigh in everyday.

Fife, You do understand that the pro’s have to off the water by 2:00 Tuesday don’t you?

As for the bite, that cold front and rain we got a week-10 days ago cooled the lake about 6 degrees in 2 days and things have been real interesting since then. I’ve been on the water most every day for the last week, and from what I saw yesterday, all the pro’s must be banking on a trolling bite because I only saw 3 pro boats in the southern half of the lake all day yesterday! From what I was told the state might have to put traffic lights out around the flats for all the trolling traffic.

In case you’re interested, my trip yesterday was 3 people, we limited out. Flat calm and we caught all our fish out of less than 8 FOW using bobbers!!

hwalleye18
    Coon Rapids MN

What are peoples thoughts on the forage base with this die off of so many tullibees?

What kind of an affect will this have?

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Don’t we usually get a tullibee die off in late summer?

These fish are too big for most walleyes to eat anyways. Tons of forage for walleyes in the lake right now.

I did see a musky come up and grab one a couple of weeks though.

hwalleye18
    Coon Rapids MN

I guess thats what was i was getting at where do the northerns and muskies go when the tullibee are gone?

rms
    Fridley

There are some pretty good numbers of perch, suckers and shiners for them to eat.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.