latest?

• pistolpete

fished early sat and got a couple on spinners on the flats…marked a TON of fish but they wern’t hitting like in weeks past…come 11 it was pretty much done…never made it back out at night to see if the bobber was any better later…was gonna try some open water trolling but forgot my box in the pickup!!!

saw a lotta people lindy riggin with no nets coming out for the drifters but seen one guy with really good boat control get a few on leeches sitting right on the breaks at one flat

also had a lot of small perches hitting our spinner rigs almost every 5 minutes!!!…went through 2 dozen crawlers in a couple hours!!!…that was pretty frustrating…switched to a plastic thinking it might keep my rigg in tact for the eyes with no luck…

any other reports out there?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Thanks for the update. I have not been there since the 4th.

KHines

We were out from 6am until 11am on Sunday. We were pulling crawler harnesses on the mud. We ended up with 3 slots and a 27, 26, 25, 24, and a 23. Not the hottest bite. Caought almost all of the fish in about an hour and a half. Must have hit a feeding window. Man was it hot at about 11. Felt like my brain was cooking under my hat. BTW, we were pulling 9 foot harnesses with chartruse big colorado blades. Couldn’t get a bite on brass this weekend.

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

Thanks for the report I’m heading up there this weekend with the family for 5 days for the very first time. I quess it time to bust the cherry . I’ll be bring the lap top so hopefully I’ll be able to give a few reports, if anyone needs them. After talking to alot of guy’s this weekend at the ARM & GTG, I think I’ve got some idea’s. But any suggestions would allways be welcome.

captddh
    Cannon Falls, MN

Mark,…a 3-way with an 18-24″ dropper with 2 oz bell with a 9’leader has been working wellbut it has slowed down some waht. I use a 2 hook harness,…pink beads with a brass deep cup blade has been the best during the day and green blades in twilight hours. Use those plastic clevis so you can change colors quickly. Make sure the worm doesn’t spin,…I like to pinch off the tail to put more scent in the water. I forward troll with the kicker at 0.8-1.2 mph. Edges of mud flats in 23-25′ FOW has been best for me. Feel free to call me for some more details.

Good luck!

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Where you staying hookem, I am going to be there with a few friends on the east side of the lake. Maybe we can get together and share a few tips/beers after the night bite dies down or we run out of steam

Mark Steffes
    Farmington, MN

i just pm you. What are doing up there anyway’s theres no catfish on that lake. Unless you are searching for more of those bullheads.

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

me and two buddies went up Fri-sun the task was muskies on the west and north end but 4-6′ waves put a dampper on that idea. Headed to Hunters to fish eyes in the wind saturday. Started on the shallow rocks with bobbers picked up 2 24″ers in 2 hours, hit the flats with deep tail dancers picked up 11 between 21 and 26inches. the key seemed to be the north ends of the flats on top 2.5 to 3 mph 150ft back and purple was the hot bait. Sunday we stuck to the south side for ski and smallies pickup up a doz nice smallies throughout the day biggest was 21 with 3 at 20. Key was SHALLOW!!! 2′ of water with the bigger boulders being the key.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.