Last Weekend

• manselmo

Big saturday on Mille Lacs. Alot of fish caught. Started out the morning in Isle moving west as the day progressed. We started out quickly with 4 fish in 5 casts on the first reef outside of the bay. Biggest fish being 19.5″. All fish ate tube jigs. After that things slowed down considerably. Over the next 3 hours we failed to boat a legal fish. I don’t know what the problem was. I fish the lake alot and the spots we fished were quality big fish spots. Feeling down in the dumps, we moved up onto a small flat 50 yards outside of some reeds and things just started going nuts. Over the next two hours we worked up and down a single piece of gravel that held a ton of fish. A realistic number for smallies off this is probably 30 fish. Absolutely on fire. Biggest fish were just over 19″. We wrapped an already incredible day by fishing another similar piece of structure. 13 fish all between 18-21.5″. Huge end to a huge day. We covered alot of water and found our fish schooled up and on the chew. It just took a while to find them. We caught maybe 3 fish on a small fat A bomber crankbait. Everything else was caught on tube jigs. Muskie guys everywhere. Never fished close to another bass boat. McQuoids is a great place to stay cheap on the water and catch alot of fish.

Mike

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Great job Mike.

I have really missed being up there every week.
    Soon Very Soon.

Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.