IDAers on Big Pond

• farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Hitting the big pond for opener. Got a few game plans figured out, except one. Where to go when we get blown off the lake!

Sounds like the weather will stink all weekend. Just another day in paradise

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

It’s raining out right now but the good news is the winds died down a little……………….just a little though!

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

hooks,
    the wind is still howling up here on cove bay. it may have just changed direction a little and it has appeared to lay down some…..tom f

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kinda reminds me of last year! Although I think it is colder. I’m just hoping that the fish cooperate. Walking out the door in about an hour

Here we go again…….

irishjigs

I’m kind of new to the site, but I’ll be out of Hunters staying in a fellow IDA member’s ice house. Good luck to all, and please be safe!

By the way…will that bell be ringing in the bar at all tonight/tomorrow??

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Hey no bell ringing jokes. You’ll have to be there at the right time. You never know when I’ll get bell happy. You must be staying at Josh’s place?

irishjigs

Nope, I’ll be at Bongers place. Should be a great weekend!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Bongers place. Hey everyone Bongers throwing a huge Bash.,

You guys have fun

irishjigs

Thanks Ripper!
    Well…I guess you never know, but hopefully I’ll be on the lake or in the bar! I’ve used his place for the past 3 openers, and have had pretty good luck all 3 years!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Matt, get a gps transmitter planted in Mahoney’s boat!!

If the fish are not biting, I plan to hit the formica bar. They are always biting there.

P.S. Don’t recall who found this very isolated flat, but thanks for the GPS coordinates.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

P.S. Don’t recall who found this very isolated flat, but thanks for the GPS coordinates.

Probably the same soak who found the “NEW Columbus Flat” last Summer

Kooty you set yourself up for that one too good not to repsond

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I talked to bobber this morning. Him and hooks caught 14 eyes on rascal flat. They were trolling cranks for crappies. Sounds like the bite is on.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I will be at Hunters as well. We will have a Crestliner and a Alumnacraft Trophy boat and 5 guys at a fishhouse as well. If you see us give a shout

We will definitely be loud and obnoxious, but in a good way

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

I talked to bobber this morning. Him and hooks caught 14 eyes on rascal flat. They were trolling cranks for crappies. Sounds like the bite is on.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Yep,

We snagged a couple Muskie too!

The sun was really bad though, so we were off the water by 11:00!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.