Blue Perch

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Anyone else ever catch one of these out of the pond??? I have seen two of these taken from Mille Lacs and verified by the DNR. I never heard of one until my boss’s Kid and our Electrician each caught one this Winter.

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

Never caught a blue perch but my buddy JeffO got a blue walleye this year. I posted pics a while back. It was deffinately different looking. it is in the 1/29 Mille Lacs weekend report. I’d link it in here but I don’t know how

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

There was a article in last weeks outdoor news regarding the “blue perch”..

here is the link! Blue perch

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Those are the guys Cal. Hence my companies name Stone Construction, Inc. They will also be in tomorrows or Sundays Pioneer Press with a similar article.

JB, I do remember that pic of your walleye. I just never heard of a ‘blue’ perch until Dick told me about his and my Boss’s kids fish was brought into the office. Just wondering if anyone else has caught one. I believe there has only been 4 recorded and confirmed catches. 2 from Mille Lacs, 1 from Winnie, and I think WI had the other.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Anyone else ever catch one of these out of the pond???

Actually, I have!…I think..?

Now, have any of you guys caught a “Trout-Perch” out of the pond? I did, and of course didn’t know what it was and had a DNR dreel clerk idenify for me.

(Google “Trout Perch” for a picture.)

-J.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Over the years I have seen and caught perch that have been blue in color. Not the golden yellow that most perch are from Mille Lacs.

tightline
    Dayton, MN

Bobber, Is that a birthday cake I see. Does that mean you’ll be ringing the bell at Hunters tonight??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.