Mille Lacs Help

• Bunky211

Hey guys I’m going to be fishing Mille Lacs next weekend at Rocky Reef Resort. Didnt do too well last year, is there any advice you guys can give? Lures, presentation, ETC.

Thanks a ton!
    Dan

ICU
    Coon Rapids,MN

Talk to John at the resort. The main break has had the action lately.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Personally, I would go the slip bobber route if you do not have a lot of gear. Ie: Spoons, jigs, etc. We have been watching these fish with cameras, and plain hooks, a small split shot, and a bobber will get the job done! Jigs and spoons have been spooking fish. (Not all the time!) Plenty of fish are still being caught on them! But most of our fish came on set lines!

Bunky211

Thanks a lot guys! I have some sweedish pimples and jigging raps that I will bring along with my hooks and small slip bobbers. Any news on the rocks good or bad?

Thanks again, it’s appreciated
    Dan

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Last weekend we got 3-24″, 1-26″, 3-16″ walleyes, and 14 jumbo perch in 19 FOW over rocks. The key is to find a quiet area away from traffic and augers, etc.

If nothing else, take a deep breath, look around, and just be glad you are out there!

Good luck!

Tuck

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Jigging has caught 9 out 10 fish for this angler!! Jig….jig…..the key is to jig slowly, not fast! I’ll also post the lures that have been good so far this winter. The one on the jigging rod is almost worn out from catching walleyes!!!!

MadJack
    St. Paul, MN

Bobber, I might have a case of ‘lack of something’ here, but is the shape on your last lure on the right (in the photo) look to be the shape of a woman?

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Na…….that’s the lightning bolt that the weseal lure has on it!!!!!!

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

What are those jigs called? I have never seen them in this area. Hmmmm
    Also, what pound line should I have on for the GTG. I think I have the rod part figured out, now I just need to get some tackle and reline the rods.
    I have some buckshots,Kast something or other, and Swedish Pimples. What else do you recommend for jigs for there? I am a total newby to the lake walleye fishing

sportland

The jigging spoons pictured are JB Varmints and JB Weasles. They are both great on Mille Lacs. I also like Scenic Tackle’s Glo-Devils.

Jason Erlandson

Dave’s Sportland Bait and Tackle
    http://www.sportlandbait.com
    Nisswa MN
    218-963-2401

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I seem to be doing better with spoons and jigging raps that glow.

#5 jigging raps and shad raps.

Anything with perch colors too.

6-8 pound line works. 4 for perch.

Bunky211

Well thanks for all the good advice guys. Two more days, any last second tips?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Thanks Sportland_Bait. I found some Weasels today I will be picking a few up for the GTG

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.