Need a little help on Mille Lacs

• Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Hey fella’s, I have some time off this week and would like to make a maiden voyage to the big pond. I would be coming up solo with a portable and a snowmobile. Guess I would be looking for a place to get bait and a map with gps coordinates and a place to get on the lake, as well as a place to get a bite and beer if the fish don’t cooperate.

I’m coming from Hastings, so any ideas would be appreciated.

Jami

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I would help but I NEED to leave for work. I will check this post out after work. I would post this in the ICE FISHING section, you will get some help there.

Ron

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Hey Jami! I would go out of Hunters on the East side. George is an awesome host and will point you in the right direction. Check out some of Bobber’s recent posts on the reefs he is catching fish on.

For a map, get the reel bottom map at Gander/Cabelas/Fleet. It’s the best map made. You can also get them online by searching for “Mille Lacs Reel Bottom Pro Map”

Good luck, let us know how you do. I’m very jealous!

scottsteil
    Central MN

All good advice. The key to this year so far have been to be mobile. Move around until you find them. The bite has been really good once you find the fish. Sometimes you have to work them a little, but they do seem willing to bite this year. Keep us posted on how you do. Mille Lacs is a great lake to explore if you have a few days, lots of structure and lots of FISH

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Hey guys, thanks for the input. I will definately get the map you suggested Kooty. I have been pm’ing with Chappy, so both of us clowns look to be on the ice Friday. So heed this warning! The 2 of us on one snowmobile. Ah, looks like I’ll be riding shotgun.

I have been reading Bobbers post, but being new to the big pond I need a map to figure out where he is talking about. See you all at the GTG.

Kooty, I’ll keep an eye open for a path to damn this winter. I want to see your c-liner busting ice again, and you fishing through the hole!

See you on water.

Jami

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

ritt14, If you and the ” Chappy ” want…go can fish with me on Friday. He had asked last week and I had other plan’s. We can make plans with some pm’s here on IDA.. Looks like a nice forecast on Friday!

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Hey guys,

I will buy the if I could tail pipe with you all. I was planning to head up Friday as well. Let me know if you have room.

kooty
    Keymaster

Quote:

Hey guys,

I will buy the if I could tail pipe with you all. I was planning to head up Friday as well. Let me know if you have room.

It’s a good thing for you I can’t go. It would be cheaper to hire a guide!! Good luck!

Bob Carlson

fish any time,Chappy and Ritt14…….maybe we should all meet at Hunters Point on Friday morning sometime. I need to look for a midday bite tommorrow and Thursday. Right now I only have a late afternoon bite going……..it’s a pretty good one though…

Bob Carlson

you guys pick a time to meet……..at Hunters Point

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

My schedule is very flexible. I can be there at sunrise or anytime after. I will let you guys decide on the best time.

Francis

icehole
    Minnesota

I talked to the good people at Hunter’s point and roads are plowed out to the flats. Thier pulling houses out and full size vehicles are driving out.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Yep,
    Heading up tonight to pull the big house first thing in the morning.
    Can’t wait!

martin_vrieze
    Eagan

I’ve got a fish house reserved at Hunters this Friday

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Hi Guys,
    I am going to be on the pond this Friday as well. Probably not super early I am going to Heidi’s company x-mas party tonight but not going to be out too late. I am meeting 2 friends at Fleetfarm in Osseo at 8 then we are heading up to fish the mid day and evening bites.
    It would be fun to hook up with any others that are going to be around.

ritt….I am really sorry you need to spend the day fishin with Chappy. It would be really fun to meet up with you guys tomorrow!
    John

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

ritt, Is Chappy bringing the fabulous fish hound? If you do not know ask him about the Red Ring GTG this summer. It was funny to witness.

Buckshot, I am planning to head up also tomorrow. I live a short distance form Fleet Farm. Shoot me a PM and we could hook up. I have an ATV and plan to run and gun.

Francis

Bob Carlson

We are meeting Chappy at Hunters 7am Friday. Josh Hukriede will also be there than! We plan to meet on the lake by the boat ramp area. I will be on a Polaris indy pulling a Otter and Josh will be on a Red Honda ATV pulling a fish trap. Look for us and we will head out together

bring the 2 way radio’s and we will be on channel 9 code 3

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Well all, thanks for the help on Friday. It was an interesting day to say the least. The rain and roads started off the morning,then I got pulled over on the way up, trailer wiring wasn’t working. A quick wiggle and we were back on the road. Once we got to Hunters the dang snowmobile wouldn’t run, then I busted the recoil rope. So Chap and I headed out onto the lake from Liberty beach. They were still allowing vehicle traffic out.

We couldn’t quit get to Bobbers location because of the big ridge that formed in the am, so we setup on boot flat. No fish for the am, so we headed in for a pizza and a beer.

They were not allowing vehicle traffic out onto the lake any more because of the conditons, so we packed up and made our way back home.

Oh well, I’ll have days like this. Dang snowmobile, it ran just fine the day before, until I flooded the crap out of it!

After I got back to town I headed down to the vermillion to get in on the crappie action. After 5 hours in the truck, and 2 tanks of gas. I finally caught a fish, 5 minutes from home!

Thanks for everyone help, esp Bobber.

I’ll see you up there for the gtg.

I just won’t fish with Chappy!!!

Jami

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

After 5 hours in the truck, and 2 tanks of gas. I finally caught a fish, 5 minutes from home!!

I have had a few trips like that, but it is still funny

Ron

kooty
    Keymaster

Quote:

I just won’t fish with Chappy!!!

I’m sure many here on IDA can relate to this Jami! See you at the GTG.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.