Oh man, what a night!!!

• tightline
    Dayton, MN

Monday night was by far the best night my group had over the weekend. And man what a night, it was 3 of us in my boat that night because my son, Nate had to come home on Monday to pursue a job opportunity, oh well he’s a young man and will have many nights like this one. We managed 25 walleye’s releasing 22.5″,25.5″, 27.5″, 27.25″, 28″, 24″, 24″, 25.5″, and my borther-in-law Rick kept a personal best 28.25″ weighing 9#’s and my friend and trap shooting teammate, Dean also kept a personal best 30.5″, 10.5# absolute whale of a walleye, WOW

This was one for the record books, a walleye that big is very, very rare on Mille Lacs. At least in my boat, I have boated hundreds of walleye in the fall full moons and can count on one hand how many that tape out over 30″s

Here’s a pic of the boys and there piggies, Dean on the left, Rick on the right.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Nice job Gilligan…………….or is that Skipper?

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

neighbor…….I guess I should have followed you around a bit more last night! Nice fish guy’s!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

TommyB
    THAT IS a whale of a night, in my area (sw side) I thought it was slow fishing. what and where was it working for you???
    Congratulations.
    Jack..

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

TommyB……good thing you had your “big night” last night….we had that cold front come through here at around 6pm or so, Big change in the weather lots of wind and drop in temerature. My wind gauge says 20-25 mph winds right now. Guess my boat will be staying on the lift tonite!!!

good thing Mr. Holst and gang are on the westside tonite……..I don’t see a boat anywhere on the eastside tonite!

tightline
    Dayton, MN

Hook, one look at my belly and you would say I was Skipper

Bob, I was hoping you were going to wander out to us, it only got better as the night went on after we chatted, sure is windy here at home tonight, I can imagine what the lake is like.

Jack, East side rocks, I’m a weekend neighbor to Bobber, gives you an idea of the area. HJ 12’s in Clown, Rainbow, I caught a 28″ on Blue (one of my favorite stand byes) and it seemed as if the Firetiger produced several nice fish, including the 2 that will be on the wall.

What a blast!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.