An entertaining evening with the Skipper Holst

• mstanley
    Shorewood,MN

My son and I got quite a seminar once again from James. In addition to the usual walleye wizardry we had extra seminars on the proper way to snag fish (must do it three times in a row directly in the middle), how to untangle 50ft of braided line in less than 5 mintues (I got James at least 4 times), the proper vocabulary to use when big fish come unbuttoned (way too often that night) and the correct emergency procedures to use in case you fill the back of the boat with water and your Diet Mountain Dew is in danger of floating away.

Not a huge numbers night on Sat but kudos to James. We boated around 20 quality fish. The numbers count could have been much higher as we missed a number of solid strikes that just didn’t hook up and had some nice fish get loose on the way to the boat.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

correct emergency procedures to use in case you fill the back of the boat with water and your Diet Mountain Dew is in danger of floating away.

It wasn’t that close if he didn’t use his “Man Overboard” button on the GPS.

Judging by the weather, it must have been nice out there!

mstanley
    Shorewood,MN

Temps were great but by 4am the wind had some nice rollers crashing into the west side. Not real nasty but we got hit with a rogue wave that woke everybody up and running to the front of the boat.

KHines

If he still had all the crushed empties in the splash well from last week, you probably had baits and cans floating all over inside the boat.

mstanley
    Shorewood,MN

That was the first clue we had an excess of water – crushed cans floating by the feet. Probably lost more than a few overboard. It was just too funny not to mention.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.