October 12 & 13 Report

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Guys,

This will be a short and sweet little update and I’ll do a complete report with pics tomorrow. This is my first shot at getting back on the pc since last weekend but now that Hooks is up for the weekend and Bobber will / should be around the house during the day I should be able to get back into a more normal reporting pattern.

To put it bluntly… the fishing is fabulous. I’m still patrolling the west and north sides of the lake as usual and I’m finding fish ON ROCK! The weeds have been OK for decent sized fish and GREAT for numbers of eaters but the rocks have been kicking out the piggies in numbers.

I fished with Kevin Heinz last night and ha d a 40+ fish night with a good number of 24″ – 27.5″ fish in the boat. The 25″ plus fish are running massive this year.

Best depths for me have been 6.5′ – 9′ and 3.5″ – 5″ stickbaits with a BIG internal rattle to call the fish to the lure. Firetiger has been the best color for me and 1.5 MPH trolling speeds have triggered the most fish.

All the rocky points from Myr Mar and Knox on the north to the rocky points all along the west shore have been kicking out fish as have the reefs in the SW near Rocky Resort.

The fish are ON guys. I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable full moon weekend and I hope to buy beers for a BUNCH of people at Hunters Point Resort on Monday during the IDA fish fry… EVERYONE’s invited!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Thanks James!! See you tonight I’m sure, I’ll be the c-liner tailing you!!

jhalfen

Thanks for the update James. I’ll be the guy behind Kooty on Saturday and Sunday nights. You guys can pick off all the smart ones, and hopefully I’ll run across a short-bus fish or two to keep me entertained for the weekend.

birddog
    Mn.

I’ll be up with the girlfriend Sun-Thu. Looking forward to getting her on some big fish. Can’t wait! What time is the fish fry??

BIRDDOG

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I’ll be up with the girlfriend Sun-Thu. Looking forward to getting her on some big fish. Can’t wait! What time is the fish fry??

BIRDDOG

Noon on the 17th! The first round of beers is on me… for all that attend regardless of how many make it. LAst time the food was AWESOME so don’t forget to bring an appetite.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

I’ll be the c-liner tailing you!!

Kooty which one ???? Get in line Kooty!

Short Bus ……. No one told me that Tuck, Derek and Bobber were going to be out fishing on the West side

Have a good weekend everyone!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

James,
    thanks for the timely report, am heading up sat afternoon, and prob again on sun or mon. A couple of days ago heard someone sent out an all points bulletin looking for you; looks like you got it too. Have a safe couple of weeks kicking EYE!!!!!
    Jack..

bigt
    Rochester MN

Thanks for the update!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Awesome report. If everything works out, I will be out there with Kooty on Monday. I don’t have to be at the lake until 6, but that first round has got me considering driving up earlier.

micah-witham
    Richfield

can you dock at hunters if we are out fishing that morning? what is a land mark or gps coordinates so we can find it from the lake as we have never been there. thanks
    micah

KHines

James, thanks for a great night of fishing. If I was not hanging tree stands this weekend, I would be back trying all the good stuff you showed us. Already had a walleye fry for the family. Will be back on the pond the 29th.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Anyone have an open seat this week any where from the 16th to 22?

PWaldow123

I have a seat open for Monday night. Will be launching out of Eddy’s around 8:00 p.m. and fishing until ????? Post here if interested.

Waterloo, IA

Steve, you’ve got a PM. Get ahold of me if interested.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.