October Full Moon Lodging and Roll Call

• micah-witham
    Richfield

Just wondering who is going to be where on the 16,17,18. Also, is there anyone who is looking to split some rooms somewhere up there? I have at least one other guy that is going to be spending sunday afternoon to late monday night up there with me and we want to get some lodging for sunday night.
    Any fish fry’s or pub meetings that anyone wants to announce?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I wanna know who in the world scheduled the full moon on the Pheasant openner???? Shoot ’em!!!!! My son and I will be in Lamberton after the wiley pheasant! Would love to have split a room with you guy’s.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I hear you Chappy

I wilL be doing a lot of driving that weekend. Friday the 14th Mille Lacs, Saturday morning down by Mankato to shoot birds, Saturday Night back to Mille Lacs and then Sunday One or the other.

The following weekend is about the same

MAN I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR. THIS IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. EXCEPT FOR THE WORKING PART

BRING IT ON OCTOBER 14TH TILL NOVEMBER 15TH

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

I agree, Chappy. Very poor timing indeed. Maybe we should call the DNR about next year.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

You call them,I’m tired of people laughing at me!

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Rob,

We got to go back to work to rest up for the weekends! LOL

I don’t expend much energy sitting at a desk all day. It’s just those pestering pages I keep getting?

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

You guys should just do what I do and not hunt. That was you can really concentrate on the fishing.

mwitham– Maybe we can head out together a couple nights, I work in Richfield.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Hooks I here you aobut resting during the week.

Things just fell into place for me these last 2 Falls where I got to experince things to the limit at about the right age between; youth, hunting wisdom, and having a great dog. The last 2 Falls I have not worked the months of October, Novmeber and December. So it just makes it tough this year sitting at my desk when the temps and leaves are dropping

But I definitley realize I’m not 24 anymore and need to rest sometimes also

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Funny, I still haven’t realized I need to rest but in my current condition my body just quits working while my mind says keep going!
    I look forward to punishing myself at least one more season though!
    And a few

Like someone said to me a while back, “I’ll get all the sleep I need when i’m dead!”

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

all i have to do is get through tomorrow and i will be on vacation the next 4 shifts. that means i don’t go back to work until the 23rd of oct. 16 days off over the full moon, maybe i will get out on the puddle a time or two………..tom f

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Micah,

I’ll be up with a few guys, still confirming numbers. We have not booked a place yet since our numbers are not locked down. If you want cheap, go to the Mille Lacs motel. It’s not fancy but it works. Simple rooms with showers, beds and off-air TV.

My group is also looking at staying at Twin Pines. I know another IDA guy is staying there also.

As for fish fry, not sure anything planned yet.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I’ll be at Twin Pines Oct. 12th – Oct. 16th. Looking foward to meeting up with a bunch of guys from IDA.

If you’re looking for lodging you might give Bill at Twin Pines a call, 800-450-4682. I think he had some rooms left. It’d be cool to have a few IDA guys staying there.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

We gotta find out the exact number, and contact George at Hunter’s Point, and ask him what he could do? He has great cabins and food! And he is a IDA sponsor!
    At least give him a shot!
    Tuck

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Shed10 and I will be up the 14th for 5 nights….I’d guess I’ll start out on the west side somewhere….

I’m sure we will get a fish fry together one of them afternoons !!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Schedule is working out very nicely for getting up there around the 15th for at least a couple of days. Can’t wait.
    Jack…

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Tuck, I am pretty sure George at Nitti’s Hunters Point Resort is booked up for the Oct.full moon

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

15th – 20th for this guy.

The water should be plenty stirred up after the past 24hr winds. Any idea on the water temp Bobber?

kooty
    Keymaster

Ya, go stick your toe in the lake Bob and let us know the temp!!!

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I’ll be staying at Twin Pines next weekend -14th-15th.

I plan on fishing friday and saturday night.

micah-witham
    Richfield

just booked our room at Twin Pines for sunday night…let’s try to get a fish fry or lunch at a local restraunt/pub together on sunday afternoon or monday? anyone up for it? i would organize it but i’m not quite as knowlegable as some of you veterans as to where the best options are, and i didn’t make it to the last one for sept. also, it sounded like they had plenty of open rooms at Twin Pines if you find Hunters booked.

KHines

I will be up for the evening of the 13th with Mr. Holst. I hope to figure out what I am missing. Have always fished the lake in the day time. Will be on Lake of the Woods for the full moon chasing muskies.

Bob Carlson

I’m to tired to stick my toe off the dock……sorry. I hav’nt had the boat off the lift either…..rain, snow, big time wind. I’m sure it has cooled down to around 57+/-

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I really think we should have one at Hunter’s Point! I know George would like to see his Ad money paying off for him! They have a nice cement patio just off the bar! I’ll fry!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hunter’s Point it is

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

i’ll bet if we asked really nice, and brought in the fillets george would fry them up in his deep fryer. i have seen him do that for other people before. last spring he and i and another guy went out and caught a mess of perch and came back in and cleaned them up in the kitchen and we cooked up the whole batch and he put them out for everybody that was in the bar to have a taste. like tuck said, i think he would be real happy to see all of us in there and have some fun………tom f

Bob Carlson

Puddle……you coming? We should hookup and wet a line soon.

kooty
    Keymaster

I’m in. I had planned on being on the east side for an afternoon to pick on koonce anyway!!

Bob Carlson

Kooty, you can come on down to Hunters and ring the bell!!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Pick On Koonce ?

Koonce will be on the SW/NE side that afternoon
    and in the evening he will be in the center of the lake, I’ll leave the light on for you so you can find me Kooty

kooty
    Keymaster

Oh sure, buy one $33.00 twelve pack and you expect me to do it every time I’m up. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.