Walleye Report 6/25/05

• Garrison
    Owatonna, MN

My first attempt at this apparently failed, so we’ll try again.
    I managed to get back home and take my dad out for a a few hours on Saturday 9 – noon. Not the greatest time to be on the water on a hot sunny day with very little breeze, but we still managed to pull some fish off the flats.

What worked for us was rigging the shady side of the flat near the base of the drop off. Leeches put smaller fish in the boat and crawlers the larger ones. We also found that if you pulled your bait through the fish you didn’t get bit. You had to sit right on them when you saw them on the electronics.

There was one rather sad part to the day that I hope everyone takes into consideration this coming weekend. As we were putting the boat in the sheriff came into the marina. Turns out there had been an accident on the lake and one boat that was trying to get up on plane ran into another one. No one was hurt, but there were a lot of scared people and 2 wrecked boats. Plwase be careful out there as there are a lot of boats on the water and it’s likely to be worse on the 4th.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.