snow depth

• riverrunt
    champlin MN

Are they still driving trucks on mille lacs or do I need the ATV . My cabin is a long ways from the road is there a lot of snow in the woods. I have 4X4 pu, No one has plowed the diveway this year and I dont want to for one time . any info will be helpful Thanks . RR

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

You can drive cross country on the lake in most places. There are some drifts.
    Were on the east side of Mille lacs and we have about a foot of snow in the woods yet.
    It’s enough to get stuck in with a standard vehicle. We are just beginning to be able to drive the bigger four wheelers on the trails in the neighborhood.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

No real heat waves in the near future either. Mother Nature is creating a nice refrigerator for that 3 feet of ice. Heck, its 16 degrees and making ice today..

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

It’s enough to get stuck in with a standard vehicle.

I can vouch for that!

riverrunt
    champlin MN

Thanks for all the info . I dont have a extension for my auger, do you think I will need one . WE will be going on at isle , I used to use Lybacks to get on the ice , are they still open ? or is there a better place to get on the ice?

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Yes, they are still open…….say Hi to Eddy and Cindy! for me

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

or is there a better place to get on the ice?

I don’t recommend driving on at the Whitecap! This is what I got when I tried to get off there!

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

i drove off the ice at whitecap yesterday evening, kind of steep, but it was froze. it will be a problem when it melts. hunters point is still in good shape….tom

ps, i fished in bobbers holes and got a 1.4lb and a 1.6lb. thanks for the tip bobber!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.