What would you do??

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

It is ok Gary…… I know this post has you tripping over your own two feet, mouth drooling like a kid in a XXX theatre, and hands shaking like Ontario Smith and Randy Moss without the Puff Puff . Pull your self together man! Muskie Opener is only 3 weeks away!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I would keep it, and hire Bobber to build me a bigger wall to hang it on!

perc

First of all…that fish was only 51×29…not 53…I know the exact fish you are talking about…I was at the pond and shared camp with the guys that caught it…the formula weight put that fish a 53.6 pounds just short of the record…and the formula that the guys were given when they called out put the fish in the high 40lb range…not a second thoguht was made at that point and the fish was released…it wasn’t until later that the fish was discovered to weight over 50 lbs…I would have done the exact some thing they did…I would never intentionally kill a muskie…I don’t care how big it is or if it is a potential record…the thrill of the fight and the memory is plenty for me…I would tkae measurements and document the fish on film and then release it…

Perc

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

If you are not too far out and he don’t fit in the livewell, pull the plug on the boat, fill it to the point where it still floats and use the boat as a huge floating livewell to get him back alive ! Measure…weigh…get the record…let him go !

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

You might want to ask the guys that sunk their boat on Mille Lacs on opener, just exactly how far you can fill them with water before they roll over.

For the record, I’ve released over 50 skis 47″ and below. Any muskie of record book proportions I catch, is getting bonked on the noggin.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.